"Let's Kick This Guy's Door Down...Or Not!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for him! I’d like to have seen 4 bodies stretched out on the porch, but the outcome relieved him of a lot of potential civil and criminal litigation.
Homeowner safe, criminals gone and won’t be back.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sure was a quick reaction time by the homeowner. He either saw them coming, or had his gun on him when they kicked the door in.

You always have to be aware of what is behind your target. My concernn if I was put into the same situation as that person was, is errant shots going to the house across the street. I consider myself a decent shot, but with the adrenaline of the moment, the possibility of a misplaced shot is increased.

This is a good reminder for me to train more, seek further instruction, etc.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sure was a quick reaction time by the homeowner. He either saw them coming, or had his gun on him when they kicked the door in.

You always have to be aware of what is behind your target. My concernn if I was put into the same situation as that person was, is errant shots going to the house across the street. I consider myself a decent shot, but with the adrenaline of the moment, the possibility of a misplaced shot is increased.

A earlier report i read said he was alerted by his phone of someone on his porch so he had a start there

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

For this type of situation, I would think either a AR Pistol/SBR/Rifle with Red Dot Optic or a scatter gun would be my preference. The challenge is the moving thieves. Once they start retreating, you need to have the presence of mind to stop firing (unless they are shooting at you while fleeing) Just my random thoughts on the matter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom