Let's play "What is it?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Whitney Wolverine is a remarkable design in simplicity. Though not normally capable of "target grade" accuracy, they are wonderful plinkers/woods guns. A joy to shoot and take apart to see how it works.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The PS01 is almost a clone, except for some changes in the trigger area and lack of an overtravel stop. The Chinese, I believe, were less interested in the target shooting performance as they were the ease that it could be suppressed and used for more nefarious activities. But I could be wrong. It is, however, capable of excellent accuracy. This ten shot group was fired at 15 yds. offhand using the 9mm hole below the group asan aiming point.
20220328_181408.jpg

Last edited:

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Though extremely similar, there are some major differences that I have noted after studying the pictures side by side.
1. Thumb safety
2. Slide release
3. Threaded barrel
4.trigger
5. Overtravel screw
6. Beavertail
7. Magazine floorplate
8. Front sight
and I'm sure there are more that I haven't found yet. (Dangit...should have played "what's different".)
20220828_145004.jpg
Screenshot_20220830-154409_Chrome.jpg

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This .22 L.R. "target" pistol was quickly banned from import, with only about 250 in the U.S. With threaded barrel and suppressor sights, I can't imagine why the automatic transmission fudds wouldn't want it in general circulation. Can anyone guess what it is? I can tell you that it shoots as well or better than any of my Hi Standards, Smith 41s and Ruger Govt. Target
For a prize for the first correct guess, I have a few once used .30-06 brass cases, a half eaten lollipop that was very well preserved in the couch cushions and some expired Burger King coupons.
View attachment 298282
Hush puppy

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though extremely similar, there are some major differences that I have noted after studying the pictures side by side.
1. Thumb safety
2. Slide release
3. Threaded barrel
4.trigger
5. Overtravel screw
6. Beavertail
7. Magazine floorplate
8. Front sight
and I'm sure there are more that I haven't found yet. (Dangit...should have played "what's different".)
View attachment 299026View attachment 299027
Grips

Latest posts

Top Bottom