Let's see all the 1911's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield TRP SS. I'll take better pics sometime. For now the Cell Phone pic will have to do.
ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_d01b8471_e55e_4d1e_b5c8_4d349673de35.jpg

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Top left, 70 Series Colt Custom by Yost-Bonitz, Bottom Left Custom Delta Elite by Chuck Warner, Middle 1967 Colt LW Commander 38 Super, Top Right 70 Series Colt Custom by JoJo's??, Bottom Right 1924 Transitional Colt Custom by Austin Behlert. [Broken External Image]

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first career introduced me to 1911's. The guy who taught me to shoot one (when I was still a Pilgrim in the 60's) was a member of the Army Marksmanship Team and US Olympic Team. He always said it ain't a 1911 unless it's a 5 inch. He must have taught me well because I could always shoot one well and I enjoyed shooting them. But I didn't enjoy carrying one.

My second career introduced me to SIGs and I became a long lasting fan of the P220. I have four SIG P220s, in various configurations. They carry easily and are accurate and dependable.

I have always had a 1911 of some sort, mostly as a range gun. I sold my 5 inch awhile back and ran across one that looked good to me. It is a Colt CCO limited TALO run. Commanders slide on a lightweight Officers frame. It ain't a five inch but it's a little brother to one. I have had it a little while now and it is extremely accurate. It also carries better than any of my SIGs, even my P220 Compact. The Sparks SSII makes it a pleasure to carry. It might give my SIGs some competition for carry.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom