Lets see all the rides!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked it up a week ago, needed one during the shortage unfortunately.

PXL_20220212_203757306.jpg

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's uncle asked me if I would sell his sons 71 Dodge Charger for the surviving wife after he had passed away while back. After selling mostly chevy hotrods/parts to support drag racing several years ago I said sure since it was also a family member. So they sent me the car on a wrecker and when it got to my house it was a 1970 Dodge R/T Charger 440 Auto all numbers matching 75000 miles with all the original motor parts inside the car along with a few new interior parts. After a long search the fender tag and build sheet was found under a drawer in a tool box. I could have bought it for a steal but advertised it for them and it sold for a nice chunk couple weeks ago. It needed a lot of restoration and the motor gone through as it lost oil pressure after running about 10-15 min. It was fun messing with it for the 4-5 months I had it.

Attachments

• IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's uncle asked me if I would sell his sons 71 Dodge Charger for the surviving wife after he had passed away while back. After selling mostly chevy hotrods/parts to support drag racing several years ago I said sure since it was also a family member. So they sent me the car on a wrecker and when it got to my house it was a 1970 Dodge R/T Charger 440 Auto all numbers matching 75000 miles with all the original motor parts inside the car along with a few new interior parts. After a long search the fender tag and build sheet was found under a drawer in a tool box. I could have bought it for a steal but advertised it for them and it sold for a nice chunk couple weeks ago. It needed a lot of restoration and the motor gone through as it lost oil pressure after running about 10-15 min. It was fun messing with it for the 4-5 months I had it.
Cool! I had a couple of those in my younger years--1970 Charger R/T and '70 Charger RT/SE. Paid $900 for the first one, and $1000 for the second. It's astounding to see what cars like that sell for these days.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a '71 Roadrunner 440, in HS.
Bought it for $1200. Had it 2 years and decided to sell it, before college started. Used way to much gas to be commuting.

Had a 16 yo come by. He didn't have his license, yet. I wouldn't let him drive it and told him I wouldn't sell it to him.

He kept coming to look and try to talk me into selling to him.
I kept refusing.

Saturday afternoon, a new Caddy pulls up. He had brought Daddy to buy him the car.

I told Daddy about the car and how a 16 yo inexperienced driver had no business with it.

Daddy and son talk. He says he wants it.
I had been asking $1600, so I tell him $2200.

He pulls out a wad and counts out the cash.

One week later, going to work, saturday morning, I see "my car" wrapped around a telephone pole.

Wish I still had it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom