Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that. Can’t save them all but it means a lot to me when people do anything like that.

I know of a shelter/rescue. They’re messing up dogs lives because they’re power tripping over who owns the dog. Or more focused on the social aspect of “dog saving”. They deny quality applicants due to trivial things and technicalities. For instance, they wouldn’t let me rescue a dog if I tried. I don’t have a fence and that’s a requirement.

Later on I’ll probably build a ten dog kennel, train, test and rehome. I could do it with just the dumped dogs out here. Almost all pit mixes though. Shelters are full of them.
All of my dogs were “dumped”. It really irritates the $#@* out of me! When you get a re-homing shelter going, I’d be more than happy to donate dog food or any other supplies that you would need.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that. Can’t save them all but it means a lot to me when people do anything like that.

I know of a shelter/rescue. They’re messing up dogs lives because they’re power tripping over who owns the dog. Or more focused on the social aspect of “dog saving”. They deny quality applicants due to trivial things and technicalities. For instance, they wouldn’t let me rescue a dog if I tried. I don’t have a fence and that’s a requirement.

Later on I’ll probably build a ten dog kennel, train, test and rehome. I could do it with just the dumped dogs out here. Almost all pit mixes though. Shelters are full of them.
Yep, pits are tough. We found one about 15 yrs ago, couldn't keep it, and finding a shelter that would take it for adoption was tough. We ended up driving her to Ardmore, which was the only shelter we could find back then that would take her and try to get her adopted.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, pits are tough. We found one about 15 yrs ago, couldn't keep it, and finding a shelter that would take it for adoption was tough. We ended up driving her to Ardmore, which was the only shelter we could find back then that would take her and try to get her adopted.
They are nearly impossible to find a home for in my experience. The kind of people that dump dogs also don’t train them so you get them with bad behaviors too. This one is showing lots of dominance way early. Just have to see.

Cstoddard

Marksman
Reaction score
Tracker

Attachments

• tracker.jpg
    tracker.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 30

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn’t a dog post, but I’m posting it here anyway because I know the folks the frequent this thread are animal lovers.

I had some work done on one of my flatbed trucks at the Ford place here in town and picked up this morning. I brought it home and parked it. I had an appointment at 2 to get my taxes done and didn’t get home until about 4. After getting home, I discovered one of my cows had calved, and her calf had fallen into a 40 foot ravine with a creek at the bottom. I had to climb down and attach a “harness” and pull him out while fighting off his momma at the same time. He is healthy and no worse for wear. When I got back to my house, I heard what sounded like a “cheep” coming from the truck I picked up this morning, but I couldn’t tell where it was coming from. About the time I popped the hood, I heard the sound again from under my flatbed. I shined a flashlight under the bed over my gas tank and found kittens. When I crawled under there to get them out, I found 3. I called a buddy that works at the Ford place to make sure they didn’t have a shop cat that might’ve had kittens. They’re all fat and healthy, and we’re keeping them. My wife did a little research and thinks they’re probably 2-3 weeks old.
Here’s the new additions.
D1E0A8D8-17EC-41B3-9C7A-5FDEA41E00CF.jpeg
0DCF5857-616F-4932-86AF-C1ED81FCB9C4.jpeg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn’t a dog post, but I’m posting it here anyway because I know the folks the frequent this thread are animal lovers.

I had some work done on one of my flatbed trucks at the Ford place here in town and picked up this morning. I brought it home and parked it. I had an appointment at 2 to get my taxes done and didn’t get home until about 4. After getting home, I discovered one of my cows had calved, and her calf had fallen into a 40 foot ravine with a creek at the bottom. I had to climb down and attach a “harness” and pull him out while fighting off his momma at the same time. He is healthy and no worse for wear. When I got back to my house, I heard what sounded like a “cheep” coming from the truck I picked up this morning, but I couldn’t tell where it was coming from. About the time I popped the hood, I heard the sound again from under my flatbed. I shined a flashlight under the bed over my gas tank and found kittens. When I crawled under there to get them out, I found 3. I called a buddy that works at the Ford place to make sure they didn’t have a shop cat that might’ve had kittens. They’re all fat and healthy, and we’re keeping them. My wife did a little research and thinks they’re probably 2-3 weeks old.
Here’s the new additions.
View attachment 265916View attachment 265917
Love the calf is doing well! Great job on the rescue!

Glad the cats went home with you and not myself. That's all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom