Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're not dogs but we have fallen into the lap of luxury. Lol These 2 are already spoilt rotten. Today the little black and white guy didn't hiss at me once. So far. Haha!
20220713_201540.jpg

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't yet figured out how to post his picture from my Google Drive, but 13 years ago my wife brought home a 5 pound puppy that earned the name Houdini by escaping everything thing I put him in. Including a stock trailer with 4 foot sidewalls. He looked like a beagle, dachshund mix.

Our lab that was dumped on us as a puppy showed him the ropes and kept him in line until he passed 6 years ago. Since then he was my constant companion on the farm and my wife made a bed for him in our bedroom.

I was up late last night watching tv when he came to the living room, got in my lap on the couch, smiled, wagged his tail and wanted his belly rubbed and ears scratched. Gave me the feeling he new his time is nearing the end.

This morning my wife said he wanted out at 6:30 and hadn't come back. That wouldn't be unusual except he had been staying close to home with the heat and the Jack Russell we got last year to keep him company.

I found him in tall grass, in a cool spot in the pasture. His time as a blessing to our family had ended but will not forgotten.

Goodbye ol' buddy. Thanks for always being happy to see me.

Sorry for the long post. I just couldn't get the picture loaded from my phone.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't yet figured out how to post his picture from my Google Drive, but 13 years ago my wife brought home a 5 pound puppy that earned the name Houdini by escaping everything thing I put him in. Including a stock trailer with 4 foot sidewalls. He looked like a beagle, dachshund mix.

Our lab that was dumped on us as a puppy showed him the ropes and kept him in line until he passed 6 years ago. Since then he was my constant companion on the farm and my wife made a bed for him in our bedroom.

I was up late last night watching tv when he came to the living room, got in my lap on the couch, smiled, wagged his tail and wanted his belly rubbed and ears scratched. Gave me the feeling he new his time is nearing the end.

This morning my wife said he wanted out at 6:30 and hadn't come back. That wouldn't be unusual except he had been staying close to home with the heat and the Jack Russell we got last year to keep him company.

I found him in tall grass, in a cool spot in the pasture. His time as a blessing to our family had ended but will not forgotten.

Goodbye ol' buddy. Thanks for always being happy to see me.

Sorry for the long post. I just couldn't get the picture loaded from my phone.
sorry for the loss still missing my beagle he was 13.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, rawhide... I never have the words for a time like this even though I've been thru it 20 times or more over the years.

Dogs are more to me than just animals. They become as much a family member as most anyone else. I know in my heart they're a lot more in tune with us, and understand more, than some people give them credit for.

I'm happy for you that you had some quality time with your friend before his passing. I'm sure it meant a lot to him and was a comfort for him as his timed with you neared an end.

But, as always, I'm sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom