Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlane

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
758B8264-E2E2-4A35-B256-052A0F56521D.jpeg64614319-DDEE-4273-A21F-C57BE958C39C.jpeg64614319-DDEE-4273-A21F-C57BE958C39C.jpeg

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't yet figured out how to post his picture from my Google Drive, but 13 years ago my wife brought home a 5 pound puppy that earned the name Houdini by escaping everything thing I put him in. Including a stock trailer with 4 foot sidewalls. He looked like a beagle, dachshund mix.

Our lab that was dumped on us as a puppy showed him the ropes and kept him in line until he passed 6 years ago. Since then he was my constant companion on the farm and my wife made a bed for him in our bedroom.

I was up late last night watching tv when he came to the living room, got in my lap on the couch, smiled, wagged his tail and wanted his belly rubbed and ears scratched. Gave me the feeling he new his time is nearing the end.

This morning my wife said he wanted out at 6:30 and hadn't come back. That wouldn't be unusual except he had been staying close to home with the heat and the Jack Russell we got last year to keep him company.

I found him in tall grass, in a cool spot in the pasture. His time as a blessing to our family had ended but will not forgotten.

Goodbye ol' buddy. Thanks for always being happy to see me.

Sorry for the long post. I just couldn't get the picture loaded from my phone.
We love our fur babies and it always hurts when we lose one, he sounds like a loved member of your family, sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom