Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackdog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Nap time

Attachments

• 20220916_100709.jpg
    20220916_100709.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rescued Ol Buck from an abusive owner when he was 2 yrs old. He lived another 12 yrs. You could tell he really appreciated the love I showed him, never left my side. Not long after I got him my first wife bugged out and left me with 3 sons aged 2,4, and 6, the youngest still in diapers. A month later I was in the Catoosa tornado and received 3rd degree burns over a third of my body. I was in the hospital for 7 weeks and off work 11 months. You can only imagine the difficulty I had raising 3 toddlers in my condition. I was single many years as I struggled to raise my son's alone, with no family in town. Through it all Buck was there to always greet me at the door with the excitement only a dog can display. Whenever I was home he clung to me and never left my side. Always with unconditional, exuberant love and affection. !2 years later he got cancer and I has to put him down. Literally the hardest thing I ever did. My father taught me to be stoic in a healthy way and to control my emotions whenever possible. I saw his chin tremble when his brother died but he managed not to cry. Well ol Buck died in my arms in the vets office and I cried like a baby. I never had a better friend, loyal, faithful, protective to the end. That old saying "mans best friend" is no exaggeration. I'm not a person that put's their pets on an equal footing with human beings but that dog touched my life in a magical way when I was suffering beyond comprehension. Not a day goes by when I don't remember his constant love and affection and I thank God for the gift he gave me.
4202qxcfom53pqamb13iadiyj249389689.3.jpg

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rescued Ol Buck from an abusive owner when he was 2 yrs old. He lived another 12 yrs. You could tell he really appreciated the love I showed him, never left my side. Not long after I got him my first wife bugged out and left me with 3 sons aged 2,4, and 6, the youngest still in diapers. A month later I was in the Catoosa tornado and received 3rd degree burns over a third of my body. I was in the hospital for 7 weeks and off work 11 months. You can only imagine the difficulty I had raising 3 toddlers in my condition. I was single many years as I struggled to raise my son's alone, with no family in town. Through it all Buck was there to always greet me at the door with the excitement only a dog can display. Whenever I was home he clung to me and never left my side. Always with unconditional, exuberant love and affection. !2 years later he got cancer and I has to put him down. Literally the hardest thing I ever did. My father taught me to be stoic in a healthy way and to control my emotions whenever possible. I saw his chin tremble when his brother died but he managed not to cry. Well ol Buck died in my arms in the vets office and I cried like a baby. I never had a better friend, loyal, faithful, protective to the end. That old saying "mans best friend" is no exaggeration. I'm not a person that put's their pets on an equal footing with human beings but that dog touched my life in a magical way when I was suffering beyond comprehension. Not a day goes by when I don't remember his constant love and affection and I thank God for the gift he gave me.
Hell of a story.....thanks for sharing.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rescued Ol Buck from an abusive owner when he was 2 yrs old. He lived another 12 yrs. You could tell he really appreciated the love I showed him, never left my side. Not long after I got him my first wife bugged out and left me with 3 sons aged 2,4, and 6, the youngest still in diapers. A month later I was in the Catoosa tornado and received 3rd degree burns over a third of my body. I was in the hospital for 7 weeks and off work 11 months. You can only imagine the difficulty I had raising 3 toddlers in my condition. I was single many years as I struggled to raise my son's alone, with no family in town. Through it all Buck was there to always greet me at the door with the excitement only a dog can display. Whenever I was home he clung to me and never left my side. Always with unconditional, exuberant love and affection. !2 years later he got cancer and I has to put him down. Literally the hardest thing I ever did. My father taught me to be stoic in a healthy way and to control my emotions whenever possible. I saw his chin tremble when his brother died but he managed not to cry. Well ol Buck died in my arms in the vets office and I cried like a baby. I never had a better friend, loyal, faithful, protective to the end. That old saying "mans best friend" is no exaggeration. I'm not a person that put's their pets on an equal footing with human beings but that dog touched my life in a magical way when I was suffering beyond comprehension. Not a day goes by when I don't remember his constant love and affection and I thank God for the gift he gave me.View attachment 332510
Thanks for sharing. Dogs are amazing animals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom