Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bear took a picture with a bear at Scheels today.

F3B24566-9360-4ACB-A70F-7281B6006862.jpeg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you good folks have adopted a retired military working dog? Was it difficult to jump thru all the hoops?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I took in my first “rescue” today. Meet Easton.
A guy on a bowhunting forum I’m on posted last night that he needed to rehome a 3 year old Boykin Spaniel, and without asking my wife, I told him if the other three people ahead of me that posted “I’ll take him” didn’t want him that I would take him and come get him today. He messaged me this morning to see if I still wanted him, and I drove to Fort Worth this afternoon to pick him up.
136EAC37-DAB0-4BCB-AE2D-1F134D336F10.jpeg

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy on a bowhunting forum I’m on posted last night that he needed to rehome a 3 year old Boykin Spaniel, and without asking my wife, I told him if the other three people ahead of me that posted “I’ll take him” didn’t want him that I would take him and come get him today. He messaged me this morning to see if I still wanted him, and I drove to Fort Worth this afternoon to pick him up.
View attachment 282533
Do you and the dog need a place to stay until your wife cools down?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you and the dog need a place to stay until your wife cools down?
Thanks for the offer, but she’s actually good with it. It did take her a little while to get her mind around it, but after 33 years of marriage, she’s pretty used to me doing crazy and impulsive crap. :anyone:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but she’s actually good with it. It did take her a little while to get her mind around it, but after 33 years of marriage, she’s pretty used to me doing crazy and impulsive crap. :anyone:
What I want to know.....is the kitten that took up with you cool with it? 😁
Nice looking dog!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 282533

I've been telling Grumpy for the last week we were going to Claremore to get a puppy. I expected some monumental blowback because we both agreed that after the last cat and dog passed on there would be no more. The last cat has been gone a while now, but we still have 2 dogs.

What he didn't know is I had conspired with @AKguy1985 to buy his Highway Patrol revolver because it was like the one Grumpy's dad carried and he's always wanted one. But ... Anyway I digress ...

He went from "what did we talk about?" to naming the fictional dog so fast it made my head spin. 😲 He spent all week telling the dogs that they were gonna have to play nice and teach the new puppy how to behave and they would have to share treats but it would be okay cuz they were here first. 😂😂😂

I can't do nothing with that man ... 🙄

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I want to know.....is the kitten that took up with you cool with it? 😁
Nice looking dog!
PK, the sickly kitten, doesn’t mind Easton, but the hair on the other two hasn’t laid down since he came into the house. He got to meet my grown cats this morning, and it appears one is going to kind of like him (tolerate may better describe it), but the other one doesn’t seem to be a fan at all.
I’ll be honest. Our experience with male dogs hasn’t been great. EVERY SINGLE ONE we’ve had has been dumber than a box of rocks, and this one doesn’t appear to be an exception. On the other hand, he has the sweetest disposition and doesn’t seem to have a mean or aggressive bone in his body.
He’s morbidly obese due to evidently being over fed and cooped up in a condo with a postage stamp size yard, but he‘s starting an exercise program today.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He went from "what did we talk about?" to naming the fictional dog so fast it made my head spin. 😲 He spent all week telling the dogs that they were gonna have to play nice and teach the new puppy how to behave and they would have to share treats but it would be okay cuz they were here first. 😂😂😂

Yep... Same thing happened with my wife once when I decided to foster (aka: adopt) another Jack Russell. We had 7 at the time.

Her: "No. We don't need another dog. We have 7 already. That's more food, more vet bills, we don't know if she'll get along with the others, we already have problems with some of the girl dogs not getting along with the other girl dogs, we don't need more of that."

Me:

Her: "No. Really. We'll need another kennel, they all want to sleep on the bed as it is, we don't have room for 8 dogs. No."

Me:

Her: "She is cute, though. She'll be adopted. We can't take her."

Me: (Ignoring wife while holding and loving little JRT who was busy wagging her butt and licking my face...)

Her: Heavy sigh... "What are we gonna name her?"

Me: **Smiling**

Latest posts

Top Bottom