Let's stop the carnage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 1913 there were 33 deaths for every 10,000 cars on the road. In 2020, it was 1.5 deaths for every 10,000 cars on the road. Much of that improvement is due to increased regulations.
Perhaps vehicles aren’t the best analogy to utilize here.
Its almost as if you need a license and registration to legally drive them.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Its almost as if you need a license and registration to legally drive them.
not true; as mentioned in my previous post there are more unlicensed drivers in the last 30 years.

the ratio of licensed drivers : unlicensed drivers has steadily FALLEN for decades.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the article mostly addresses teens delaying getting their license. I'm talking about what percentage overall of drivers in the US are unlicensed. Like out of those that drive, what percentage don't have their license. Uber style services probably contribute to less people choosing to be licensed. Other factors too I'm sure

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, when I say license I mean valid license of course. Not an expired one, fake one, suspended etc. Like anything, it will be higher in some places vs others. I wonder what the factual statistics are. Not random speculation, facts. Random speculation is completely useless

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ratio of licensed to unlicensed drivers has fallen for 30 years straight. your argument of increased regulations is moot; more people merely aren't even following the law yet we still have "less" traffic accidents.

why?
Regarding cars, it is almost as if you need a license and registration to legally drive them, lol. (Don't miss the word 'legally') Always interesting to see the actual facts regarding licensed/unlicensed drivers, but random speculation I guess is kinda fun too, I suppose.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Join me in stopping the carnage. Yes, every year many thousands of American are killed by these deadly machines. Yes I am talking about autos and trucks. Our administration must do something now about this menace.

To start with we need to ban all the high performance machines with their high capacity 6 and 8 cylinder motors that are capable of going over 100 mph. Nobody need vehicles like this. And ban these rapid shifting military grade automatic transmissions, we got by just fine with a standard when I grew up. Vehicles like this belong on a race track, not our streets. I know there will be some resistance at first but we can start with governors, engine capacity limits and maybe even buy back programs that would only cost a few trillion dollars.

Drop the speed limit back to 55 mph, it worked just fine, no one needs to go faster than that. Since the limit has been increased traffic fatalities have increased 1000% a year.

Raise the drivers age limit. Teenage drivers are the most dangerous. Remember that driving is a privilege not a right guaranteed by the constitution.

We need universal background checks and waiting periods before a person could just buy a car and drive it home. How do we know that person isn't a multiple DUI offender or a psycho? And do away with the private sale loophole. No way a man should be able to just go to an individual's home and pay cash for a killing machine like a Corvette with a 2000 cubic inch motor!

One problem will be getting this legislation passed with the big auto and performance parts lobby opposed to it. Maybe the day will come when we can all ride in our rubber coated 50 mph computer controlled electric autos and not have to worry about getting killed in a wreck.

Let's try to get this common sense legislation passed, if it saves one life it will be worth it. Our organization needs a catchy logo like AmericansForJustifiableBans.
Great idea

Latest posts

Top Bottom