Let's talk Primary Weapon Systems new T3 Summit rimfire action / rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Primary Weapons Systems (PWS) T3 Summit Rifle.

First, if you didn't know, to wet your whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZMYl85ljM&feature=related

Next, apparently, they're REALITY, not vaporware, so soon after the SHOT intro - lookie:

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=26

:eek: :eek2:

Now understand that these are 10/22-compatible actions, so you have the extreme modularity and universe of 10/22 parts & accessories - barrels, stocks, younameit.

Looks like a complete action is just $300.

This is one of the few absolutely-must-haves in recent years, and what I've been waiting for, for years and didn't know it, exactly.

This is the perfect platform for a suppressed & sbr'ed rimfire. I foresee in my very near future, my first SBR -- A PWS T3, with an 8-10" bbl, 1 in 9 or 10 twist, .22lr, with can (of course), and a folding p-grip stock. Booyah! :)

Here's a thread I found at rimfirecentral:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366721

Whaddya think? Great trigger. Toggle bolt (no sound of a reciprocating action). Great mag release. Who else finds this irresistable as a suppressed/sbr platform?

Now for the details... What barrel would you get (what make & contour)? Etc. Time to go learn myself on 10/22 builds ... rimfirecentral will hook me up with that. :)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I want to see a toggle in person, and shoot one. I like the idea, but even if it's as good as it sounds, it's low on my priority list, since the Savage/Marlin bolt .22s can be found so cheap, and are quite accurate. They are also quiet. Considering all told, you're easily looking at $750+ for the rifle alone, plus optics, this isn't a budget option, it's going to compare to top end rifles for accuracy, fit and finish, feel, and looks.

Awesome idea? Yes. Must have? Not yet.

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but the reason it is for me, is because of the aftermarket availability of stuff in the 10/22 universe. Getting a 1 in 9 or 10 twist short barrel for a Savage, Remington, CZ, etc., can be done, but it's a lot harder to find, order, and pay for. Finding a folding stock with P-grip for a Savage or CZ - well to my knowledge it cannot be done. That's why it's a must have. It's turns my SBR/suppressed .22lr project from a 3-4 year project (realistically on my time and money budgets, if I had to self-fabricate the stock I want), into a 6 months - 1 year project, and quite a bit cheaper (plus I'll still have my beloved CZ scout that I was gonna use for the base!). :)

It'd be a whole nuther story if I wanted the same ol / same ol, 1 in 16" twist sbr, with a standard type stock - then I could do it on a Savage or CZ in a jif. It's all about the Aguila SSS 60 grainers and the twist rate to match them, and the folding stock / P-grip ultimate .22 thing. And an action that is as fast as a pump, and as quiet as a turnbolt!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said, awesome idea. I just am not sure enough of this particular action to call it a must have yet.

If it works and works well, it would be a great thing. But that remains to be seen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom