Let's talk tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check at a Ford dealer. I just tell mine what I want and they take care of it at a good price.
My dad got a set of factory take-offs (brand new OEM wheels and tires) for less than the cost of a set of tires from the dealership where he buys his vehicles.

In the past, I've rarely replaced tires with the same make and model, but on my '13 F-150, I've stuck with the Michelin Defender LTXes that came on it from the factory. I've gotten really good life out of them, at least when the "road hazards" haven't taken them too young. The last one I had to replace had close to 50K miles on it when Yale Ave. took a bite out of it, although it was getting close to the wear bars.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad got a set of factory take-offs (brand new OEM wheels and tires) for less than the cost of a set of tires from the dealership where he buys his vehicles.

In the past, I've rarely replaced tires with the same make and model, but on my '13 F-150, I've stuck with the Michelin Defender LTXes that came on it from the factory. I've gotten really good life out of them, at least when the "road hazards" haven't taken them too young. The last one I had to replace had close to 50K miles on it when Yale Ave. took a bite out of it, although it was getting close to the wear bars.
I got a set of Goodyear take offs looked brand new, a few months later I had a flat, one tire had 6 boots in it, the tire guy gave me a new tire

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for General AT2. I got tired of BF Goodrich going "out of round" and couldn't be balanced at half tread life! Dodge Diesel 2500 4X4. Went with General and have gotten at least 50,000 out of each set and at times I tow heavy!
General baby!!!!
May be cheaper to get lighter dates…

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time for new tires for the Jeep Wrangler. While I love my duratracs, they are old, not worn, so need to replace them. they are at least 9 years old now and performance in wet has plummeted due to age. I’ll never do mud tires again, too scary in the rain and snow. general atx and at2 , bfg’s, etc are all on the list, falken wild peak all terrains. Duratracs are just too freaking expensive. Looking at coopers and mickey Thompson’s too. I need good sidewalls for very different reasons than you guys that tow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time for new tires for the Jeep Wrangler. While I love my duratracs, they are old, not worn, so need to replace them. they are at least 9 years old now and performance in wet has plummeted due to age. I’ll never do mud tires again, too scary in the rain and snow. general atx and at2 , bfg’s, etc are all on the list, falken wild peak all terrains. Duratracs are just too freaking expensive. Looking at coopers and mickey Thompson’s too. I need good sidewalls for very different reasons than you guys that tow.
If your crawling, the need for good sidewalls is certainly a necessity. Back in my off road days, I had bead locks on the tires to keep them on the rims.
I found out that bead locks are illegal to run on Oklahoma state highways, unless that law has recently changed.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your crawling, the need for good sidewalls is certainly a necessity. Back in my off road days, I had bead locks on the tires to keep them on the rims.
I found out that bead locks are illegal to run on Oklahoma state highways, unless that law has recently changed.
Exactly, you can get down to about 15 psi without bead locks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom