Lever action, magazine fed, 9mm….. what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, not to be practical here, but back in the day the Model 95 Winchester, and the Model 99 savage were both highly sought after. The reason being is the tube magazine rifles could get a dent in the tube quite easily and then you were rounds limited at best, or if dented below where the follower was, you had a rattling single shot. Even back then a replaceable magazine was seen as a huge plus, or a completely protected magazine in the case of the 99. Now with that said, everything else here is correct! Spritzer bullets, common mags! No muzzle brake, a forend with a lot less rails... Etc.! I'm thinking for the same $$$ a Ruger deer stalker?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they are trying to work out the bugs and then fix the mag (non removable) so that it is loaded with a stripper type clip. Then market it in California?

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an idea for something similar to this about a decade ago, and had started mocking it up with a friend who worked at a company that had the CNC and tooling capabilities to make it. it was to take AR mags and resembled a Marlin 1894, but a toolless takedown that would allow quick swaps on multiple calibers. We mainly wanted to build it for integrally suppressed barrel ends.

Weddings and babies and buildings houses kept it from happening. I’m glad someone came along and did it, but there’s no way I’d have let something that ugly go to production.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom