Lever actions: Post 'em up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 119640 i have an itch to build this. It's one of those super ugly Mossberg 464 "tactigay" guns that's had a Boyds stock replacement. It's already threaded though so slapping a can on is a breeze.

I'm really wanting to do a suppressed lever gun too.

I fail to understand why more gun companies aren't responding to the surge in suppressor ownership and offering more (or even SOME) models with factory threaded barrels.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive wanted to thread a mares leg in 357 and attach a pistol brace for a while now. I dont even have a can for that cal yet so it would be quite an investment that I just cant do right now. Still want to though.

CCF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems lever-actions are falling out of favor with the younger crowd, but they do have advantages. For one, they can cycle virtually anything. For instance, owning a lever-action .22 makes a lot of sense. 22s are essentially a multi-purpose caliber so having one rifle that can shoot shorts, quiets, etc., comes in real handy.

The other advantage I can readily think of is as a learner. Lever-actions are safer than semi-autos & a more natural/efficient movement than cycling bolt-actions so a beginner can better concentrate on fundamentals.

The standard Henry .22 is a perfect rifle for a kid to learn on, IMO.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a group photo of my lever's today: (L-R) Henry 357 mag, Marlin 41 mag, Marlin 44 mag and Rossi 45 colt
20180721_170438.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom