1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Lexington Gun range Dogs kicked out

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by swampratt, Jun 27, 2020.

1. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I went there this evening probably 6:30 or so.
    Yea I do not have a watch and car clock is iffy and No cell phone.

Anyway I get to the North rifle range and there are 3 pups about 3-4 months old I would guess.
    All laying on the concrete in the shade.
    No one there at that range.
    They moved when I walked by but did come about 10 feet from my car with sad eyes and hunger in their faces.

I kept walking and set my bag down on the concrete bench and one female was almost within reach.
    I bent down slowly to pet her on the head and she pulled back sideways tucked tail and scrinched up like she was about to get slapped.

SO SAD!
    I talked to her and she came closer and I pet her a little and she went pee right there.

WHAT sick person kicks out dogs like that.

Those 3 dogs were quiet and seemed well behaved.. or possibly beat down.
    They still had curiosity and love in them though. Not totally ruined by the Jack Wagon that got rid of them.

I hope that they are local dogs just taking a stroll.
    But I feel that may not be the case.

No I did not bring them home. But I wished I had some food for their skinny butts.

2. kwaynem

kwaynem Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You have a good heart swampratt but they may be better off than where they were at hopefully someone gives them a good home

swampratt, Judi and dennishoddy like this.
  3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sad to see domestic animals abandoned. We live in the sticks but not too far from town. People think they can come about as far as we live and kick them out. Typically they run after the vehicle and we don't have to mess with them, but some take to the woods. Coyotes and starvation take care of them pretty soon. We gave up years ago trying to salvage them. The cats are another story. They can typically survive the woods, but not in my area. Domestic cats are the #1 predator of game birds across the US, contributing to the low ground nesting bird reproduction where they are allowed to roam wild.

kwaynem, swampratt and Judi like this.
  4. Judi

Judi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I always have a couple cans dog food and treats in the car....I hate people dropping off pets. I have a few that we took in, had to take a few to the PAWS Shelter in Stilwell ...SOB's better hope I never see them dropping off a dog/cat...

5. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

I still think if you see someone dumping a pet that you should go dump some unwanted coons, possums, skunks, and coyotes in their yard. I mean, turnabout is fair play, right?

6. Seadog

Seadog Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I’m not sure why but it seems like it happens a lot in our state. Animals are abandoned entirely too often. And I don’t know why anybody would want to kick a dog. Brings out the mean side of me. They are our best friends and better than some of the women we’ve had in our lives. A silly stupid saying I heard a long time ago. Do you wanna know who loves you more? Your woman or your dog? Lock them both in your car trunk and leave them there for an hour. When you open your trunk see which one is glad to see you. lol

7. Profreedomokie

Profreedomokie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'd bet both would be glad to see you but, glad would turn bad in a millisecond with the woman.

dennishoddy likes this.