lexington range again today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know how the weather is up there, but here in SW Ok, there is quite a bit of fog. That makes it a great time to shoot, since fog on the ground means no wind at all. Some of my best shooting was done on days like this one. Good luck and good shooting!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I left there about 12:55 and got 6 miles down the road and it started raining..perfect timing.
Got some shooting in and found some possible loads for 125gr 30-30 and 100gr .243.. just need to shoot them at 200 yards and see if they hold together.
Tried the new to me Nikon 3-9x40 Matte I got for 99 bucks.. still on sale at academy I think.
Much better..
Works very well on my ar15 as eye relief is not very finicky. I can get way back from it and still have full view without the blackened edge.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 30-30 loads of BLC-2 odd looking groups.
New loads I am trying out with 125 gr HP flat nose shooting from my 30-30 model 94.
lex 100 yard 003.JPG

Loads that made me once again not underestimate the savage axis .223.
The center cloverleaf was the first 3 shots of the day..yes cold bore shot included in the .291" group.
The .833" group was my shorter 55 sp load I shoot from the AR15 I wanted too see what it did in this .223 bolt gun.

lex 100 yard 002.JPG

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes it is and has taken the largest wild thing I ever killed. A hog i could not drag even after it was gutted.
But maybe i'm a pipsqueak.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The far south range had 1 person then about 1 hour later had 2.
I had the north rifle range to myself for over an hour then 1 car comes up with dad grandpa and daughter.. she got a new .22
They stayed for about 30 minutes and left.
Ranger showed up to change the conveyor belts out that were needing it.

Had the range to myself until I left.
Ranger said after Christmas it will be hopping.
The far range had 3 cars there when I left.

HUNTING LICENSE is needed to shoot on these ranges.. Fishing License will not work .. I asked..

Latest posts

Top Bottom