Lexington WMA range rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany Nicole

Marksman
Reaction score
I went this evening and shot there..It sure is nice. I shot at the farthest south range.
I also visited the farthest north range to look it over.
It is Pistol only at the farthest North range.

Now I talked with 2 wardens about rules and they said they will be enforcing them and paying close attention to the ranges.
Eye and hearing protection are state law and required. I was told you will be warned but if you have a child there with no protection you will be fined.
Common sense , you should be fined for that.

PAPER & CLAYS ONLY.
You can't bring a wood platform or wire platform to hold your paper either.
There are nice stands there for the paper targets to be stapled to.

NO cans or bottles, No steel targets, no action targets..only Paper and Clays.

No more trash cans there..You remove what you bring in and haul them to your own trash can.

They were really nice and gave me a small map of the area and told me where the majority of the hogs hang out.
Of course I have seen them there many times and talked with them every time.

Get out and shoot.
I was there 3 pm to dark and only me and a buddy and 1 other shooter and he went to the other range.
Are there rules on what calibers can be shot? Is .308 allowed?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are some of the range rules.

Shooting Range Rules​

1. Open year-round, unless specified otherwise in the public hunting lands special regulations (controlled hunt closures) or signs at the range.
  2. Shooting hours are official sunrise to official sunset, daily.
  3. Any person using the shooting range under the age of 16 must be immediately supervised by an adult (18 years old or older).
  4. All firearms shooting single projectiles or any pellets larger than conventional BB (.180” dia.) must be shot at approved berms and target areas only. Air-borne clay targets may be shot using pellets no larger than conventional BB (.180” dia.).
  5. All rifle, pistol, shotgun, and muzzleloader targets will consist of paper or clay targets only.
  6. All paper targets must be removed before leaving the shooting area.
  7. Centerfire rifles and pistols .50 caliber and larger are prohibited.
  8. Fully automatic firearms are prohibited.
  9. Fireworks, explosive devices, exploding targets, tracer and incendiary rounds are prohibited.
  10. Eye and ear protection shall be worn while shooting.
  11. Shooters, and accompanying adult, must possess a valid Oklahoma hunting license or Oklahoma combination hunting/fishing license unless exempt.
  12. Beer and other alcoholic beverages are prohibited on shooting range and in shooting range parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom