Lexington WMA Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GADadinOK

Marksman
Reaction score
Anyone know the hours? Is it 'self-serve', or is there a range safety officer? Thinking about heading there early on Friday am, hoping to avoid crowds. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

ten22sday

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sun-up to sun-down, there is no RSO but there are cameras and the Game Warden likes to drop by unexpectedly to check for hunting licenses. Early morning it should be pretty empty, many years ago I went out there in the morning and had the whole range to myself for about an hour or so.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Must have a hunting license. Early morning is a good time to go. Some of the locals can be a bit sketchy. Still, good place to shoot.
I’ll second this. Go early and it shouldn’t be too crowded. As with most of the rural areas in OK you gotta watch the “locals”… poverty stricken meth heads are everywhere out there lol

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always think of the feller that was crawling around on his hands and knees down there one day. He was getting under the shooting tables collecting everyone's brass before it could barely hit the ground. I sensed someone under there and he startled me when I looked down after shooting and he was practically in my crotch. He smiled up at me with his 4, maybe 5 teeth.
Yikes.

GADadinOK

Marksman
Reaction score
Went this am. Got there about 8am. Had the place to myself, except the old guy picking up brass and garbage, and muttering under his breath about people not taking care of stuff.

ten22sday

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went this am. Got there about 8am. Had the place to myself, except the old guy picking up brass and garbage, and muttering under his breath about people not taking care of stuff.
If it's the guy I'm thinking of, him and his wife have been maintaining that range for years. They used to be the ones replacing targets and stands when they got particularly messed up and would clean up way back before they remodeled the range to what it is now. I remember not even 3 or 4 years ago when it was just picnic tables and some dirt, people would bring garbage out and shoot it to pieces then just leave it on the range for someone else to clean up.

Lexington is still a great place to go to if you don't want to pay for an NRA membership to get into Tri-City or OKC Gun Club, but people definitely have not been taking care of it like nailing targets to the pillars of the target stands and shooting holes through them or tearing up the rubber target backers with buckshot/birdshot at 5 yards. It is definitely in need of some TLC.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll second this. Go early and it shouldn’t be too crowded. As with most of the rural areas in OK you gotta watch the “locals”… poverty stricken meth heads are everywhere out there lol
I’ve talked to the couple that maintains the place, they told me of a few incidents where someone would leave their guns/ammo/whatever on the table while walking down to check/hang targets. Some ne’er do goods came out of the trees near the road and grab their stuff off the bench while they were down range. Definitely make sure you have all your stuff with you, or put up before going down the range. After getting set up I’ll just keep my firearm on my person, and no more than a box of ammo left on the bench. I also make a point to have a sidearm on me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom