Lexington WMA Shooting Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As seen on many videos, where can one just go to the middle of nowhere here in OK and shoot which is not on someone's land? Seems as though many YouTube gun enthusiast seem to just pull over on the side of the road or in the middle of the desert or back road and just set up shop and film away when they target practice.... Can't do that here because seems everyone owns everything.
Much of that is on BLM or USFS land which there is nearly none of east of the Rockies. Or at private clubs/land leases where people have permission to film such videos. As far as I can tell you cannot target shoot outside designated ranges on State owned Conservation land in Oklahoma or Missouri. There are also many rules to shooting on Federal Forest land even where its allowed. I know theres a new public range in the panhandle that goes out far. We have several tracts of National Grasslands and the Ouachita National Forest so I recommend calling those local ranger districts to see what is allowed

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm back.

Yea I took off early and I was there at the north range by myself and only one guy at the other rifle range and he left about 20 minutes after I arrived.

I did find that H335 works well even heat soaking in the chamber for a bit.
This is for 25.5 gr H335 and CCI 450 primers in Annealed and FLS F-C cases.

I shot 25.0 and 25.5 gr for testing today with 50 gr V-Max.
Here is a picture of my Bolt gun Savage axis 22" 1:9 twist hits at 100 yards with 25.0 and 25.5.
25.5 is tighter.

I have pictures of 25 yards and 50 yards in there also with mixed loads of 25.0 and 25.5 gr.

The groups at 100 yards were 6 shot groups with 3 being hand cleaned cases Not trimmed but were annealed and brushed and chamfered.
And 3 that were pin cleaned, trimmed, chamfered and brushed.

Did not really make any difference there.
I first shot the 25.0 gr loads and last shot hit in the square.

No rest time for barrel cooling.
Just chamber from the magazine and get back on target and pull the trigger.

Sorry about the scribble writing I was writing while the target was hanging.

1.025" group for 25.0 gr.
.490" group for 25.5 gr.
But that .490" was the second group shot and barrel was "warmed up"
then 50 yards and then 25 yards.

1 mil dot down at 25 yards set on 6 power.

Attachments

• bolt H335 001.JPG
    bolt H335 001.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom