Lexington WMA Shooting Ranges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brother Bob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody that uses these ranges be forewarned. If I catch you shooting the frames(poli-pipe) or shotgunning the closest mats at 5 ft away, you’ll be asked to leave. We have too much other work to do than to man all three ranges from sun up to sundown! We made extensive renovations years ago to make for experience better. But a low percentage of shooters are destroying everything that was done. These ranges are becoming cost prohibitive to maintain at the level of abuse. If you use these ranges and you see someone destroying the mats and poli-pipe, call a game warden! Download Go Outdoors Oklahoma on your cellphone. It has a list of Game Wardens in all counties. You can also call the Cleveland County’s Sheriff’s Dept. We are here to provide you with an enjoyable experience and protect our investment. A simple call or pic of the individual and license plate will help us eradicate that small percentage that abuses something that only requires an Oklahoma Hunting license. Please help us preserve our investment. Thanks.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People will not pick up their targets and stands when finished.
I was there today and all was good.
If I hit a pole need to quit shooting.
I do see lots of holes in them though.

I do not have a cell phone but I do tell people the rules in a nice way if they are breaking them.
I met a Sheriff out there today, really nice guy. Goes by Collie or Lassie.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know what your saying but they are already cleaning up the trash. If they did not have the cost of new poles and mats maybe we would not lose the range .
I have seen targets screwed to the poles that hold the mats.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a nice range. Thank
Anybody that uses these ranges be forewarned. If I catch you shooting the frames(poli-pipe) or shotgunning the closest mats at 5 ft away, you’ll be asked to leave. We have too much other work to do than to man all three ranges from sun up to sundown! We made extensive renovations years ago to make for experience better. But a low percentage of shooters are destroying everything that was done. These ranges are becoming cost prohibitive to maintain at the level of abuse. If you use these ranges and you see someone destroying the mats and poli-pipe, call a game warden! Download Go Outdoors Oklahoma on your cellphone. It has a list of Game Wardens in all counties. You can also call the Cleveland County’s Sheriff’s Dept. We are here to provide you with an enjoyable experience and protect our investment. A simple call or pic of the individual and license plate will help us eradicate that small percentage that abuses something that only requires an Oklahoma Hunting license. Please help us preserve our investment. Thanks.
It is a nice range, thank you for your work.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have cleaned up after every trip down there. Have never seen anybody abusing the ranges, but when we go we don't usually see anybody there.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the goings on out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom