Lexington WMA Shooting Ranges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody have info on this range? I live in Mustang and looking for a decent place to shoot bench rifles at longer than 100 yards. Pay as you go no membership as I work out of state and don’t get to shoot often. 500-1000 yards would be nice. Fouled bore not bad but pretty pricey. Anything else out there?
The Lexington WMA range can be used if you hold an Oklahoma Hunting License unless exempt. $25 or $32 depending in which license option you choose. I believe it only goes to 100 yards. That length is a drawback, but it is very affordable.

BillPenn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have info on this range? I live in Mustang and looking for a decent place to shoot bench rifles at longer than 100 yards. Pay as you go no membership as I work out of state and don’t get to shoot often. 500-1000 yards would be nice. Fouled bore not bad but pretty pricey. Anything else out there?
Ft Sill MWR range has steel targets out to 1000 yards. However, you will need a military ID or go with someone who does to use it.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Banner road range in El Reno is 100 yards with a daily rate . Lexington most times is great........ you can run into some folks that you need to be mindful of as there is no range control.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Banner road range in El Reno is 100 yards with a daily rate . Lexington most times is great........ you can run into some folks that you need to be mindful of as there is no range control.
I’ve only been there once, but I didn’t see anything over 50? But you’re saying they have 100? That’s great news, I’m looking for a 100 yard + range where I can shoot, since it’s the closest to me, I’ll go there again.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Lexington WMA range can be used if you hold an Oklahoma Hunting License unless exempt. $25 or $32 depending in which license option you choose. I believe it only goes to 100 yards. That length is a drawback, but it is very affordable.
I was unaware you had to have a hunting license to shoot at wma ranges, good to know

jugrde

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your work in maintaining the ranges. I have been out there a couple of times in the last couple of months. Very enjoyable experience; only problem that I saw (mid-week) was spent shells on the ground. I spent 5 minutes picking up other people's trash, people should clean up their own mess. Nice place if everyone would just pitch in a little.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People will not pick up their targets and stands when finished.
I was there today and all was good.
If I hit a pole need to quit shooting.
I do see lots of holes in them though.

I do not have a cell phone but I do tell people the rules in a nice way if they are breaking them.
I met a Sheriff out there today, really nice guy. Goes by Collie or Lassie.
Was it Flipper? He's a retired OHP, and a helluva nice guy. I met him last time I was down there.

Matt311

Marksman
Reaction score
Anybody that uses these ranges be forewarned. If I catch you shooting the frames(poli-pipe) or shotgunning the closest mats at 5 ft away, you’ll be asked to leave. We have too much other work to do than to man all three ranges from sun up to sundown! We made extensive renovations years ago to make for experience better. But a low percentage of shooters are destroying everything that was done. These ranges are becoming cost prohibitive to maintain at the level of abuse. If you use these ranges and you see someone destroying the mats and poli-pipe, call a game warden! Download Go Outdoors Oklahoma on your cellphone. It has a list of Game Wardens in all counties. You can also call the Cleveland County’s Sheriff’s Dept. We are here to provide you with an enjoyable experience and protect our investment. A simple call or pic of the individual and license plate will help us eradicate that small percentage that abuses something that only requires an Oklahoma Hunting license. Please help us preserve our investment. Thanks.
I know this is an older thread but I did want to say thank you for the hard work. I live only 10 minutes from the range and have enjoyed using it. I was out there this last weekend and noticed that people are leaving their trash behind again. I want to donate some of my time to helping in keeping it cleaned up. Going to head out there at least once a month to do some cleanup. Just want to give back a little.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but I did want to say thank you for the hard work. I live only 10 minutes from the range and have enjoyed using it. I was out there this last weekend and noticed that people are leaving their trash behind again. I want to donate some of my time to helping in keeping it cleaned up. Going to head out there at least once a month to do some cleanup. Just want to give back a little.
I wish I were closer, I would help (AND shoot more😛). I usually do pick up a bit when I go, but honestly, it’s typically not messed up when I am there. It really is a nice place now…..when I saw it after the renovation I thought it had been “privatized“ so they could charge to use it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom