Lexington WMA special hunt 11/11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got drawn for this. Looking for some advice from those who know this area on where the best place is to sit for an all day ground blind hunt. Have two tags, first a doe then a buck. Need to fill the freezer first. Would love to see a map with some shaded areas to concentrate on. I can walk out early on the 10th and set the blind then do a dawn to dusk sit on the 11th.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been there before. Have been spending most all of my free time taking care of my mom. She recently was diagnosed with dementia and had to move to assisted living. Getting her house in Missouri ready for sale left no time for anything else. If there's anyone I can caravan down with from OKC or meet there and just point me somewhere and say go, sit, stay I'd be most grateful. I'm a patient hunter and can sit all day under a tree.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'll be there the 14th so don't shoot all of them. Talked to ranger last week and there is a lot of deer. An 17 point buck was killed about 2-3 weeks ago. Don't forget you have to check in the doe before you can shoot the second one. You can do it by phone (if you have service)
by texting pic of you, doe, and your paperwork all in one photo. Otherwise you have to go to ranger station to check the first one

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About the same as my day except I didn't get to pull the bang switch at all. At 7:30 this morning a beautiful mature, tall, wide, eight point walked out in front of me at about 60 yards. I was ground hunting with a shooting stick and had him in the scope from the moment he appeared. Except no doe before seeing him. He was a wall hanger. And he got the biggest pass of his life.

He knew something was up. His head came up and he stared directly at me. He sniffed the air, took a step and put his head back down. Almost immediately it came back up and he stared at me again. I was frozen. Anyone who doesn't believe in scent control should believe now. I was standing in full view but he couldn't smell me. I use multiple layers of full scent protective clothing and body wash/deodorant. It works. He eventually looked around and walked off into the timber on the other side of me. Never saw another deer the rest of the day.

Oh, to the jerk who took a dump next to my truck, thanks for at least wrapping it in your a** wipe and leaving it there. SMH.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
About the same as my day except I didn't get to pull the bang switch at all. At 7:30 this morning a beautiful mature, tall, wide, eight point walked out in front of me at about 60 yards. I was ground hunting with a shooting stick and had him in the scope from the moment he appeared. Except no doe before seeing him. He was a wall hanger. And he got the biggest pass of his life.

He knew something was up. His head came up and he stared directly at me. He sniffed the air, took a step and put his head back down. Almost immediately it came back up and he stared at me again. I was frozen. Anyone who doesn't believe in scent control should believe now. I was standing in full view but he couldn't smell me. I use multiple layers of full scent protective clothing and body wash/deodorant. It works. He eventually looked around and walked off into the timber on the other side of me. Never saw another deer the rest of the day.

Oh, to the jerk who took a dump next to my truck, thanks for at least wrapping it in your a** wipe and leaving it there. SMH.

I bet it was PBramble...............................:laugh6:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I was going to go down around 11 tomorrow and set up ground blinds and then camp out till Wednesday morning..... May go set blinds up and come home then go back early Wednesday. I love to camp but at 20 degrees, and for just one night. Don't think so

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I was going to go down around 11 tomorrow and set up ground blinds and then camp out till Wednesday morning..... May go set blinds up and come home then go back early Wednesday. I love to camp but at 20 degrees, and for just one night. Don't think so
Where there is grass, it is tall! All the rain this year definitely did not do us any favors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom