Liberty Safe is now in it home, the gun room. A few humans were injured during the filming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I‘ve used 1” pieces of teal pipe, and I’ve used golf balls. Just don’t be the one behind the safe pushing when you’re using golf balls….LOL. Those puppies can put a dent in the ceiling when the safe rolls off one.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those slider sticks are the only way to move a safe! They had those when they delivered mine. Had to go across some textured ceramic tile and into a carpeted closet that was a pretty tight fit. They didn't even want me to pull the area rug on the tile in the dining room. I think they had it set in place and checked out and was demonstrating how to use the combo lock in about 10 minutes. Didn't even break a sweat. I was amazed...

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i saw a professional mover move a safe once. he used a strap that went around his forehead and then over his shoulders and then around the safe. he backed up a few times adjusted the strap so that a slight bend at his hips and the save was about a half inch off of the floor. he then just walked the safe into the room and backed into the spot and sat it down. it was amazing.

ShaneP

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a set of piano jacks/dollies at work. When I moved last year, I moved my 600lb safe by myself, with ease. Not for everyone, but if you can get your hands on a set, they make it easy.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took me, my huge NFL sized grand Nephew, bro-in-law and his son in-law to move it yesterday, but it's done. Looks good as I installed the electric, lights and golden rod yesterday morning. Zane (the big guy) and I was behind the dolly taking the weight with my wife complaining I was going to kill myself. Thanks wife...ha!
It got away from us and both him and I got our hands caught. It popped a bone in my left hand and broke one of his fingers but could have been worse. I felt sorry for him but that kid is tough. It didn't bother me. I've broken my hand so many times it's just cartilage now. Anyhoo. My wife has an I told you so, she'll use through 2022. She told me that if I die, the safe goes with the house. I jut told my nephew to make sure I'm not in it when she sell's it.
Got my gun room arranged like I want it with the cleaning table/work bench and reloading table better situated. Got most of my guns in the safe but the AR/AK type platforms with scopes, take up a bunch of room. Gave my nephew one of my rifles for helping me and he will make sure to pass it down. His grandpa (my bro in law) gave him have of his collection. He had some beautiful cowboy guns that his dad passed down to him. Priceless. Though I'd just add one to that with a beautiful old lever gun. It's very collectable and I've had to tell a few people I gave it away just to get them off my back about selling it.
Here's the safe with some of the stuff in it. Just some of the long guns and such with my some of my pistols. Who can identify the pistols from left to right?
I just got rid of an old Liberty about 7 weeks ago. Dam thing got me also. It was smaller than your but I was moving it by my self. When I was loading it into my truck bed it shifted back on me just a little.

That was enough that I ended tearing the inside of my left bicep. Crazy internal bleeding bruise. I got surgery two weeks later. So 5 weeks after surgery and I’m feeling pretty good. See the Dr this Friday for a follow up.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was faced with this same dilemma. I had several friends lined up to help me move a safe. I figured out that if everyone tried to muscle it, someone would get hurt. Ok, not hurt, crushed. I used a friends vending machine dolly and myself and one other guy moved a Stack-on 69 gun safe ("bout 700 pounds) BY OURSELVES. We had to go up one step so we used the Egyptian method. Or, use a piano dolly for a console/upright piano. You can rent them pretty cheap, most rental places have them. You can move a safe by yourself. The vending machine dolly is like an appliance dolly but is has the rear wheels.

Piano dolly- northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200673748_200673748?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Material%20Handling%20>%20Dollies%20

Vending machine dolly -- https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/...MI3OrvwZeT8gIVwTY4Ch3aiwwpEAQYASABEgKzdPD_BwE

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got rid of an old Liberty about 7 weeks ago. Dam thing got me also. It was smaller than your but I was moving it by my self. When I was loading it into my truck bed it shifted back on me just a little.

That was enough that I ended tearing the inside of my left bicep. Crazy internal bleeding bruise. I got surgery two weeks later. So 5 weeks after surgery and I’m feeling pretty good. See the Dr this Friday for a follow up.
Hope it goes well buddy. My wife won't let me forget she told me what would happen. Ha

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope it goes well buddy. My wife won't let me forget she told me what would happen. Ha
Thanks. Hope your hand feels better quick. Safes are a beach. Just wanted to cherp in and relate that l understand those things are a pain

I should have listened to my wife also. She would like to hear me say that. She was hovering around watching me and even said I should get some help. Even wanted me to go to the emergency room but I was like I’m not dying so I can wait. It hurt but I had no idea I had tore a muscle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom