Liberty Safe is now in it home, the gun room. A few humans were injured during the filming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSM did an awesome Job, they made it look easy. Homes were 15 minutes apart (they drove slowly and carefully too, so it took longer), only took them with drive time a little over an hour, that includes mounting it on hockey pucks...

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took me, my huge NFL sized grand Nephew, bro-in-law and his son in-law to move it yesterday, but it's done. Looks good as I installed the electric, lights and golden rod yesterday morning. Zane (the big guy) and I was behind the dolly taking the weight with my wife complaining I was going to kill myself. Thanks wife...ha!
It got away from us and both him and I got our hands caught. It popped a bone in my left hand and broke one of his fingers but could have been worse. I felt sorry for him but that kid is tough. It didn't bother me. I've broken my hand so many times it's just cartilage now. Anyhoo. My wife has an I told you so, she'll use through 2022. She told me that if I die, the safe goes with the house. I jut told my nephew to make sure I'm not in it when she sell's it.
Got my gun room arranged like I want it with the cleaning table/work bench and reloading table better situated. Got most of my guns in the safe but the AR/AK type platforms with scopes, take up a bunch of room. Gave my nephew one of my rifles for helping me and he will make sure to pass it down. His grandpa (my bro in law) gave him have of his collection. He had some beautiful cowboy guns that his dad passed down to him. Priceless. Though I'd just add one to that with a beautiful old lever gun. It's very collectable and I've had to tell a few people I gave it away just to get them off my back about selling it.
Here's the safe with some of the stuff in it. Just some of the long guns and such with my some of my pistols. Who can identify the pistols from left to right?
Buddy up with several trusted hunting/gun buddies to share this idea cost. Bought an used UltraLift powered stair climber dolly (actually two....too long story for here....:) :) :) ) to move my and friends' safes. UltraLift easily does the work, heavy lifting. Work smarter, not harder. Been there, done that. Old too soon, smart too late. :) :) :) UltraLift sets safes in/out of truck/trailer up to 36" in one lift, climbs stairs, over gravel/lawn, 2- or 4-wheel dolly mode.... 1500lb capacity, but have moved 1900lb safes. Old Harley buddy, a professional locksmith, favorite sayings, "Locks keep the honest and the terminally stupid out." and "Good to have a strong safe. Better to have a strong safe that no one finds to attempt breaching." We move our own safes so no one, other than our hunting group, knows where they are. Build safes into well designed secret nook/room/vault. Place cheap $150 container "safe"..... ala SnapOn et el....... in easily found spot for intruder to find and easily breach......never looking further for the good stuff. Junk, leaded barrel guns in container for show. Saved the good stuff on multiple occasions for friends, my Dad. Hunting dogs in backyard or Jacked up pickemups and Jeeps with guns/hunting/NRA decals merely says, "Follow me home. I'll show you where his guns live." Multiple safes, rather than one large model, spreads the risk/breaching effort. Heading to Lake of Ozarks region to move two safes and ammo cabinet for friend yet this month. Moved three large side-by-side frig/freezers, four large upright freezers, four safes, files cabinets, lockers, furniture for friend between old/new home in June. Just sharing how we do the heavy moves.
See these YouTube videos for UltraLift powered dolly or stairclimber in action.

https://youtu.be/pXvfYlOKZrI

https://youtu.be/E94zUEG4cYghttps://youtu.be/fiBZPiJeEgs

Last edited:

oleshooter308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took me, my huge NFL sized grand Nephew, bro-in-law and his son in-law to move it yesterday, but it's done. Looks good as I installed the electric, lights and golden rod yesterday morning. Zane (the big guy) and I was behind the dolly taking the weight with my wife complaining I was going to kill myself. Thanks wife...ha!
It got away from us and both him and I got our hands caught. It popped a bone in my left hand and broke one of his fingers but could have been worse. I felt sorry for him but that kid is tough. It didn't bother me. I've broken my hand so many times it's just cartilage now. Anyhoo. My wife has an I told you so, she'll use through 2022. She told me that if I die, the safe goes with the house. I jut told my nephew to make sure I'm not in it when she sell's it.
Got my gun room arranged like I want it with the cleaning table/work bench and reloading table better situated. Got most of my guns in the safe but the AR/AK type platforms with scopes, take up a bunch of room. Gave my nephew one of my rifles for helping me and he will make sure to pass it down. His grandpa (my bro in law) gave him have of his collection. He had some beautiful cowboy guns that his dad passed down to him. Priceless. Though I'd just add one to that with a beautiful old lever gun. It's very collectable and I've had to tell a few people I gave it away just to get them off my back about selling it.
Here's the safe with some of the stuff in it. Just some of the long guns and such with my some of my pistols. Who can identify the pistols from left to right?
SteelFingers? Is a little one like that THAT heavy. I may change my mind about getting one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom