Life is just full of surprises!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my granddaughter hunting during youth season. My son, who has never cared for deer hunting, was glad I did, and thanked me for it. Fast forward to gun season. He's been sitting with her in a pop up blind each morning. They've seen a lot of does, but no bucks. So anyway, Tuesday AM, he calls and wants to borrow one of my rifles. Folks, this is a shock. So I meet him out on the land, and we check the zero on my Browing BAR .243.
He buys a tag that evening on the way home. We go over to his house for Thanksgiving dinner today. While watching the Cowboys go down in glory my daughter-in-law says there are 5 does in the backyard. So we watch them for about 20 minutes, through the windows. One of the does keeps looking back into the woods, and finally a little buck steps out. Son has opened the backdoor and POW. The buck kicks and takes off. Son sees it go down, I look at him, and he's just like the hunters on the TV shows. It jumped back up, but we found him about 15 minutes later. Good double lung shot, just back of the heart.

[Broken External Image]

So I am definitely a proud dad, just a bit surprised at the sudden changes. Now if granddaughter can get one I'll be double proud. She did get a shot opening morning, no evidence of a hit, but a few minutes later another shot rang out. Later their neighbor came over with a little antlerless buck. She'd hit it low in the back leg, just above the hoof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom