Life's reflections on the rear view....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah , I never could stand to have anything hanging from the mirror. There have been a few times that I've driven someone else's vehicle and took the dangling crap off because it was annoying.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to do an outlaw drag race on Sundays in Arkansas city Ks. back in high school. (track is still there)
55 ford customline that had a single barrel stromberg sided draft 272 CI Y block engine. Found a 312 CI intake that would take a 4 barrel Autolite carb, dual point distributor, 3/4 cam, converted the crossover exhaust manifold to dual exhaust with walker continental glass packs, installed a three speed manual transmission with overdrive (overdrive tranny's were a closer gear ratio) That had the sliding gear from first to second with every other tooth cut half way off with a grinder so you could speed shift, then a hurst floor shifter and went to the track. All salvage yard stuff.
I stripped a few gears as when you increase the performance, something will break until you improve the system to match the horsepower.
I kept a little plastic box of the stripped gear teeth from the slider draped over the rear view mirror as a reminder to not forget to completely disengage the clutch when speed shifting.
A buddy did the same mods to his transmission and did the same as I did with stripping the gear teeth, but He hung the entire center gear from his mirror and upon an emergency stop, shattered his windshield.
Long story, but yeah, don't hang stuff from the mirror.

Latest posts

Top Bottom