Lightweight knife?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a lightweight folding knife. I'm looking for one to throw in my pack for hiking. The last time I went I grabbed one with about a 3" blade but was pretty weighted. I'm planning on a longer hike and so I'd like to slim down my pack weight but still would like to carry a decent knife.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like Benchmade 531 is only 1.8 ounces! Which is nice!

I would want folding and something I can any camping related type of activities. I'd prefer just to bring one knife. I've debated on a multi tool of sorts but those are heavier and I'm just not sure that I'm going to need all that it can do. The pliers would likely be nice though....but the knives on them generally aren't very big either

Last edited:

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but what makes a knife "good"? The Benchmade 531 is over $100 and then I found a Buck knife that is 1.7 oz at only $25. Obviously, you'd want it to be sharp but there has to be more value somewhere else because there's only so sharp you can get.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but what makes a knife "good"? The Benchmade 531 is over $100 and then I found a Buck knife that is 1.7 oz at only $25. Obviously, you'd want it to be sharp but there has to be more value somewhere else because there's only so sharp you can get.

Quality of materials, quality of build, warranty, edge retention.
You can use a $25 knife for regular cutting tasks, sure, but you won't be able to abuse it the same way you do a Benchmade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom