Like a MULE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattman5000e

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of these that I carry hunting and backpacking. The thing probably has 5000 walking miles and 100 rounds through it... when it goes off, you know it.

Love those grips. I have to say that mine is the only wheelgun I own that wears rubber grips instead of pretty wood ones, and the Hogues tone the recoil down by a full 5%. No free lunch there.

I did take a deer with mine, along with a dozen rattlesnakes, a coyote that got too close for comfort, and one very sick antelope I put down in Wyoming. I also used it to win an argument with an adolescent black bear that wanted to cross the creek into camp really bad... didn't shoot him, just put a couple close to him to ward him off. I love that gun, I just hate pulling the trigger.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a beauty! 44 mag is my favorite round but mine has an 8" barrel and is magnaported so I can easily shoot one handed if I want. I usually put 50-100 rounds through it when I take it out.

Last edited:

Mattman5000e

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats a beauty! 44 mag is my favorite round but mine has an 8" barrel and is magnaported so I can easily shoot one handed if I want. I usually put 50-00 rounds through it when I take it out.
That is a great gun. Ported 8" big bores are about as much fun as you can have. We used to blow apart small granite boulders with em in a canyon above Boulder when I was a kid.

Sidenote: a 223 is even more fun for shooting rocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom