Like your privacy? Don't go to the doctor anymore.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s like anyone we talk to. We tell them what they need to know. Anything past that you’re just talking to much. We don’t go around telling people we conceal carry but you know you are. They are just fishing for information. Yes some will get information. Not everyone I know knows what I have in the safe. The ones that do are my closest friends.

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the patient rights document they hand you every time you see the dr. Read the fine print at the end, they reserve the right to change it without notice. Have you ever wondered exactly who their "associates" are? I would be supprised if 10% of people ever read it past the first paragraph.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, apparently APA WF # 22-16 is coming into effect behind the scenes, while all the exciting stuff has been going on the past few months.what is APA WF # 22-16 ? well, here's the actual document.

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok...22) WF 22-16 Circulation Document - Final.pdf
In layman's terms, anyone considered a healthcare provider now has to cough up at least $5,000 this summer to be allowed to continue practicing their trade, and then a monthly fee to ensure the OK health insurance exchange gets paid for storing any and all healthcare information within their database for anyone who has reason to access.

Here's some fun considerations:

So your daughter who is trying to get away from her abusive husband? Her medical info is now easily accessible by anyone in government/leo who has reason to access health records. Hopefully he doesn't have friends in the government or a crooked LEO buddy. While few and far between, they are out there.

Does your doctor/therapist know you have a gun? Did your physical therapist help strengthen your tweaked knee was due to stepping wrong when out hunting? Well, now does any other government agency that wants to look through your healthcare info. Hopefully this hard turn towards the conservative side doesn't swing back democrat in the next decade, because red flag laws are gonna be all over this.

Anybody (or their family) see a small business healthcare provider? Maybe a therapist, chiropractor, physical therapist? Well, their rates are going up or they're going under now. Considering that their rates are dictated by insurance, they will likely move to no insurance/private pay only models or go under now.

All of your healthcare information, including therapist/psychologist/pharmacist notes will not only be stored with your provider, but also stored in an Oklahoma healthcare government office database, doubling the chances of your personal healthcare information being compromised, and ensuring that everything about you is accessible by the government. Currently, the government doesn't have access to most of that stuff.

While many of you are against it, it also follows a trend we are seeing of the government/leo agencies tracking and prosecuting people who are seeking abortions and the like. Perhaps this makes you giddy and cheer for the restriction of these murderers, but.... what if the tables were turned? I don't like how that looks.

What's my point? I don't know. I'm frustrated by this, guess I just need to rant. Its going to likely put someone very close, and several friends to me out of business or through financial hardship. Healthcare in Oklahoma is gonna get more expensive, and our personal information is going to be easily sifted through for any transgressions the government decides they want to persecute, and this will change depending on who is in office. I just don't like where things are going.

Patients can opt-out of sharing their data with HIEs . . . and various PHI is protected differently than others. 42 CFR Part 2 data specifically.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom