Limbsaver SharpShooter Dampener, Does It Work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not yet. Nobody has answered my actual Q over there.
The 140 ELD-M has been good for me so far. The Barnes match burner is good so far too. The Nosler RDF I've got to play with more as I think it needs to jump further than the others by quite a bit. The MidSouth Match monsters that I tried shot well too but I only had a sample pack of em. All the bullets I've tried so far have been 140gr. I've spent a lot of time playing with powder cuz my hard head won't just take the common road with H4350. I've got a couple loads found I believe that I need to stretch out and see how they do. The Barnes and MidSouth bullets I mentioned above are the cheapest options I've found for what that's worth.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What that device does is control the harmonics of the barrel. You can slide it back and forth to find the sweet spot of your barrel. It performs the same function as the BOSS system that Winchester and Browning used back in the 90's. It worked great then, but the aesthetics of a blob out on the end of a barrel wasn't appealing to most gun owners. I have that BOSS on a Win .270, and it works to dial in a load.
Every barrel whips as the bullet travels down the barrel. For ultimate accuracy, you want the barrel to whip in the same place every time. We had a post on long range shooting on here recently where the ladder drill was used. Some of the highest velocity rounds from a rifle actually shot lower than some rounds with less velocity because the high velocity rounds for that particular barrel were whipping the barrel down, while the lower velocity barrel whip was up when the bullet left the barrel.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know how I feel about having some chocolate donette looking things on my barrel.
Interested to see if you can tighten .25 in groups at 50 yd on the 22lr with it. That's impressive to start with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom