Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington commits suicide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has been reported that linkin park front man Chester Bennington has committed suicide by hanging himself. Apparently his family was away at the time of the hanging. He is survived by his wife and six children. He was an amazing singer. I loved their music. Very unique. Rip. Amazing the suicides and drug od's that have taken my favorite musicians away.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why in the world do people take that route?

I know it sounds trite but if you've never been in that place there is nothing anyone could say to make you understand. I had an adverse reaction to atenolol several years ago. The only time in my life I have ever felt that kind of hopelessness. Caused me a LOT of problems before we figured out it was the blood pressure meds. I hadn't ever felt that way before, nor have I felt that way after I stopped taking it. I wouldn't wish that kind of anguish on my worst enemy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the world do people take that route?

Drug addiction? Especially people that have the resources that he did? He had boatloads of money, houses, no doubt a hot wife, kids, everything one could want really.

I just don't get it but I'm not a drug addict either. There's something going on in this culture/genre whatever you want to call it. You almost never hear of this happening to country, jazz or opera performers. Drugs are all I can fathom. This sucks I really dig their music.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know jack about jack but there must be a trigger here. Maybe hitting the top so quick and young is just too hard to handle.
It's like you made it....now what? Find a new top? What happens when you get there?
Hunter S. Thompson's suicide note read in part:
"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun - for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax - This won't hurt."
What happens when this is you at 40?

Latest posts

Top Bottom