Linux Mint upgrade to 20 - any trouble?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Going to have to watch the responses here, would not think there would be many that would even know what your talking about lol.
I got away from Linux like 4-5 years ago not because I do not like it but I got to where I was to busy to keep up with the distro's and work around's . Prolly ought to look back into it , Linux was getting more user friendly back then and would think it would be way better today.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm , been planning to put together a desktop to put out in the shop . Looks like I may just need to go find an older laptop install an SSD and run this . Looks like it will do everything I need it to do with zero hassle and a free OS is always good LOL.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started with the Linux Mint Cinnamon, version 18 something, a couple years ago. I upgraded to 19, then it auto-upgraded to 19.3.

This upgrade is a bit more involved, but I got it handled.

I consider Linux user-friendly, but it's not as hands-off as Windows. Of course, Linux is also not designed as a keystroke recorder.

All in all, I've been happy with Mint. I still have a Windows machine, but only to run QuickBooks. Everything else is run on the Linux machine.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm , been planning to put together a desktop to put out in the shop . Looks like I may just need to go find an older laptop install an SSD and run this . Looks like it will do everything I need it to do with zero hassle and a free OS is always good LOL.
BTW, I have a thumb drive with a clean, verified, 19.3 version of Mint on it. I can mail it to you if you want it.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I have a thumb drive with a clean, verified, 19.3 version of Mint on it. I can mail it to you if you want it.
Really appreciate the offer but I just downloaded the ISO and will bring a thumb drive home from the shop tomorrow. My daughter is going to bring back a desktop and monitor she borrowed a while back. It is an AMD APU that I had built for Kodi tv a while back.
You got me interested in it again and I jumped down the rabbit hole LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom