Lionel Train Set

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a Lionel, but still an oldie. I don't remember just when my folks bought me this train, but it was probably the late '40's or early '50's. Back in the day, besides the Lionel name, there was a company named Marx that also made model trains. In the case of Marx, they were less expensive trains designed for those of us that didn't have the money for a Lionel set. When the wife and I downsized to move into our RV, this is the one thing that I just couldn't (and haven't yet) given up.

So, as a challenge, get your Lionel put together enough to get a picture and show yours off.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad (85) has a bunch of Lionel and Marx train sets from when he was a kid I guess.
Every time I tell him we're working on the building next door, he worries we are going to throw those trains away.
It's interesting how no matter how many things he has. He worries about those train sets he hasn't even looked at in 40 or 50 years
and knows exactly where they are.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool! They sure don't make them like that anymore.
That’s exactly what I was thinking when I was looking over the engine this morning. Although my dad was on the liberal side of social ideals, he was very pro-American when it came to tools and vehicles and would pay more to buy American manufactured things.
He retired from the post office as a letter carrier when he was 75 years old. He never accepted a promotion for some reason, even though he was offered post master positions, I never knew why. Oh, and he had a masters degree from OU in mechanical engineering.

FDC500D2-CC41-482B-9BBF-02EC2F026A57.jpeg

746A3A18-D323-4D2F-8A56-DE206E9F2165.jpeg

64F5438F-BCE1-49B2-82FE-5AAC178C2855.jpeg

A42468B4-3199-4539-8631-D5958670C374.jpeg

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my current collection of Lionel's - and my girl's collection of Duplo-Legos.

Every once in a great while, she'll want to set up the train set and give her Duplo-Lego animals a train ride.
Good times.

Lionel Train Set and Legos - 2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom