Lipstick on a pig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well decided to play around with my budget gun I recently acquired by doing some customizing. Started out as a Tisas duty 1911 b45. Figured I'd at least make it look more like the big boys even though it's just lipstick on a pig. I think it looks better than when I got it IMHO. Still haven't shot it yet since I just got it, but hope it runs OK cause I imagine any kind of warranty work will probably end up in laughter.
The way it comes from the ffl:
wm_15098626.jpg

Ho hum.....
1st mod:
20220416_154050.jpg

Butter, but could use a lil somethin else....
20220417_192945.jpg

20220417_193053.jpg

Much butter!
My next venture will either be try my luck at front strap checkering (need to get a file) or try out jeweling the barrel.
Hopefully my pig doesn't turn to bacon in the process! 🤣

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well decided to play around with my budget gun I recently acquired by doing some customizing. Started out as a Tisas duty 1911 b45. Figured I'd at least make it look more like the big boys even though it's just lipstick on a pig. I think it looks better than when I got it IMHO. Still haven't shot it yet since I just got it, but hope it runs OK cause I imagine any kind of warranty work will probably end up in laughter.
The way it comes from the ffl:
View attachment 266754
Ho hum.....
1st mod:
View attachment 266758
Butter, but could use a lil somethin else....
View attachment 266760
View attachment 266761
Much butter!
My next venture will either be try my luck at front strap checkering (need to get a file) or try out jeweling the bolt.
Hopefully my pig doesn't turn to bacon in the process! 🤣
She's Purty!

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What technique did you use on the slide?
Lotsa wet sanding. Started with 800 then stepped back to 400 due to the cerakote being so thick. Finished with 2000, but still had crazing or bead blasting evidence so went to plan B and used fine stone to keep brushed finish. Guys at work are going to think I goth on the weekend with all the black still left under my nails! Lol.
Thanks for all the compliments. Will update when I feed it some freedom pills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom