Liquid Mercury--Anyone know where to sell it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that years back Yaffee Metals in Muskogee bought mercury, you might give them a call. Back in the 60s my Dad brought home a jar of this from work for me and my brother to play with, it was pretty cool stuff to roll around around on a tray. Nobody told us it was very toxic.
So that is what happen to you!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4. It will not make exploding bullets like in the "Day of the Jackal"
Hmmm... IIRC, the lead bullet was drilled partway, a drop of mercury added and the tip soldered shut, leaving an airspace for the mercury to slam forward when the bullet impacted the target.

Seemed plausible when I read it as a teen... :D
___

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... IIRC, the lead bullet was drilled partway, a drop of mercury added and the tip soldered shut, leaving an airspace for the mercury to slam forward when the bullet impacted the target.

Seemed plausible when I read it as a teen... :D
___

Problem is that Mercury dissolves many heavy metals, including lead. That's why a lot of black powder guys like it to clean the bores.

Putting mercury in a hollowed out lead bullet leads to the mercury seeping out and thru the lead in rather short order.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem is that Mercury dissolves many heavy metals, including lead. That's why a lot of black powder guys like it to clean the bores.

Putting mercury in a hollowed out lead bullet leads to the mercury seeping out and thru the lead in rather short order.
Ah, ok. I shoulda figured that out from the posts... :hithead:

Thanks! :drunk2:
___

69mdl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that this is a long shot, but figured I'd try it and see if anyone has any information.

I have some liquid mercury. Unopened, 1 pound bottles for dental use.

I know that the price of mercury has climbed in the last few years and that these things retail for a relatively high amount.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any place that buys liquid mercury?

And before anyone goes off half cocked:

1. It is not illegal to own
2. It is not illegal to sell
3. It is not illegal to ship
4. It will not make exploding bullets like in the "Day of the Jackal"

Dave
I'm interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom