Live Bait

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tacora mart, 1 mile east of Oologah dam, that's my gas station.
A new place opened about 1 mile east of 169 on 88 I haven't been in there yet but they sell tackle and I believe live bait as well.
Nabatak in Claremore on highway 20 is the big bait and tackle shop in the area.
Wingonan bait shop is another one in the town of Wingonan.
For live bait we (Tacora mart) have medium minnows, large minnows, tuffies, Rosie reds, gold fish and black perch.
For frozen bait we carry shrimp, whole shad, shad guts, cut shad, and skipjack when available.
If you got any questions feel free to call us 918-342-3277.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. We ended up going to the sunny side ramp and stopped in a convenience store in Talala. Since you are on the lake. Do you have any ramp recommendations for a smaller boat?

I'll stop in your store next time I'm there.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talala grocery and Pumping Petes does carry minnows but very few. I have a 1448 Jon and launch it from the boat ramp at Redbud Marina. All the boat ramps are pretty decent around the lake, I guess it's really a matter of where you are gonna fish. If you have a gps fish finder make sure you stop by the Corps office, give them your SD card and they will upload all the brush piles they put in the lake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom