Live PD on A&E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long-time Tulsans and after spending seven years running a hip-hop nightclub, my wife and I find Live PD quite interesting.

On the most recent episode, the Tulsa Gang Unit served a warrant on a house and found an AR-15 in the home of a felon. The officers remarked that it was an AR that "had been modified to shoot 7.62x39, the same round as the AK-47" and that those rounds could pierce the body armor that they wear. The police expert back in the NY studio was even more shocked by them finding this.

Is anyone else watching it? What do you think?

Bryan

Last edited:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 in 7.62X39 and I love them.

i66.tinypic.com_260s8z9.jpg

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that this was about Oklahoma police. Or was it just an episode about Tulsa? I might check it out if it's about our state.

They're "live" (live-ish from what I understand) in like six different cities, one of which is Tulsa. The most recent one was in Tulsa a LOT.

There's actually been a lot of police type shows in Tulsa. TCSO was on several episodes of Cops a few years ago and "The First 48" (also an A&E show) had several episodes following the TPD homicide unit.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched that show a few times. Reminds me of a football game with a play by play review of the game. "Experts" giving their opinions.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the drunk girl passed out in the BA church parking lot? SMH!

Yep. Hey at least she pulled over, right?

I watched that show a few times. Reminds me of a football game with a play by play review of the game. "Experts" giving their opinions.

I guess they have to have some way of transitioning from one town to another, but that does seem awkward sometimes. I have seen that host on other A&E shows and I think he could tone down the intensity a bit for sure.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird show. Tried to watch it a couple times early on and the best I can say was it was 'awkward'. Maybe they have improved it or made it different than it was.
In regards to the firearm, even a .223/5.56 will penetrate their vests that they wear since they are only level III or IIIa. Much harder to stop a rifle round than a pistol with soft armor. Really need hardened armor, angle of shot and distance is your friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom