Live PD on A&E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is something that I have seen several times on Live PD across multiple agencies that makes me wonder. The officers will find a gun in a car. When they go to unload it, they'l drop the magazine and then rack the slide quickly like 10-15 times like on that 15th time some mystery round is going to pop out of there. Maybe there is a reason they would do that but it makes no sense to me. Are there some guns that I'm not aware of where a round might be hiding and you can just pull the slide back and see it?

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching it last night. The Tulsa Gang Unit chased a guy down who was guilty of running from them. Really he was guilty of being black in low income area. He got arrested because they found a pistol in his girlfriend's apartment and he was felon on probation, he did have a small amount of weed on him.
I have a difficult time believing they would of ever went after him or been where they were if it was not for the cameraman in the back seat. I find it troubling that we now have a guy back in prison when he really was not doing anything against society.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is something that I have seen several times on Live PD across multiple agencies that makes me wonder. The officers will find a gun in a car. When they go to unload it, they'l drop the magazine and then rack the slide quickly like 10-15 times like on that 15th time some mystery round is going to pop out of there. Maybe there is a reason they would do that but it makes no sense to me. Are there some guns that I'm not aware of where a round might be hiding and you can just pull the slide back and see it?
Yeah, and they don't practice safe muzzle control either.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sergeant Larkin (TPD) is making quite the name for himself on this show. This weekend they ran Friday and Saturday nights and he wasn't in Tulsa on the job as normal but rather in the A&E studios in NY with the host and the other police officer commentator/expert. It's kind of cool that the rising star on the show is a Tulsa guy. It reminds me of what happened with John Bunnel getting featured on several episodes of COPS and then ending up the host of his own show.
The host has had a thing for Sgt Larkin since like the first episode, especially his 'nickname' of "Sticks", he likes to say it a lot. Lolll....

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that. Not the first time I've heard this from a cop. Same thing on COP's a couple of years ago, but the cop said the AR they found in the car of a felon they were arresting, was armor piercing gun. Said nothing about the ammo but an armor piercing gun.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it troubling that we now have a guy back in prison when he really was not doing anything against society.

Duly noted.

Yeah, and they don't practice safe muzzle control either.

Yeah, I actually recorded a video off of one of the episodes where a TPD officer pointed a yet to be unloaded firearm at a few officers. This was before he dropped the mag and racked the slide like 15 times. Yikes.

I like it... who cares if it isnt real, its great entertainment.

Nothing on it seems not real to me. I mean, I'm sure the events are somewhat affected by the TV show and the cameras but I don't think it's all staged.

The host has had a thing for Sgt Larkin since like the first episode, especially his 'nickname' of "Sticks", he likes to say it a lot. Lolll....

I think the host has a thing before him because viewers do. Apparently there is tons of social media activity regarding him during every show.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have every new episode set to DVR. We watch them on slow Sunday afternoons. Yeah we started watching for the t-town filming, but since then we haven't missed an episode.
I also did laugh out loud about the "modified" AR.
Also, Sticks found one of those .22 AR pistols that are like $300. Mossberg? He was absolutely amazed, never seen anything like it in his life.
Sent via Tapatalk

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have every new episode set to DVR. We watch them on slow Sunday afternoons. Yeah we started watching for the t-town filming, but since then we haven't missed an episode.
I also did laugh out loud about the "modified" AR.
Also, Sticks found one of those .22 AR pistols that are like $300. Mossberg? He was absolutely amazed, never seen anything like it in his life.
Sent via Tapatalk

I know not all cops are "gun folk" but you would think that the gang unit would be, just from the sheer amount of weapons they run across. Of course I'm sure they're most used to seeing Lorcin, Jiminez, etc. The half dozen or so times we took guns off of people at the club that's always what it was.

I'd kind of like to get one of those Mossberg pistols, but I'm not sure why.

Bryan

Latest posts

Top Bottom