Live PD on A&E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell you what, put yourself in one of those situations and refuse ID. Just please video tape it so we can all be enlightened.

No need. Go to YouTube. There are dozens if not hundreds of videos out there showing how cops violate peoples rights. As soon as the cop realizes the person knows their rights they back off (sometimes). Believe me, I video tape every interaction with police. Traffic stops can be the worst. Bully cops hate the video. Remember, cops can lie to you, however, you cannot lie to them (never have figured that one out). Are you suggesting that a cop would cause harm over a no ID situation?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need. Go to YouTube. There are dozens if not hundreds of videos out there showing how cops violate peoples rights. As soon as the cop realizes the person knows their rights they back off (sometimes). Believe me, I video tape every interaction with police. Traffic stops can be the worst. Bully cops hate the video. Remember, cops can lie to you, however, you cannot lie to them (never have figured that one out). Are you suggesting that a cop would cause harm over a no ID situation?

Why are you having so many interactions with LEOs that you feel the need to video them?

I haven't been stopped in over 15 years.

A little respect goes a long way.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't say I had many interactions, I said I video tape every traffic stop I have had. A lot of people do....guess what? It's legal. It holds both parties liable. A little respect does go a long way as long as it is on both sides. A man has to earn respect to get it. I think the fact that everything has been on camera has made a difference. Camera's don't lie.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Oh, like the sovereign citizens? I watch them when I want to feel better about myself. Take it from me, don't be a youtube lawyer. And don't give legal advice unless you've gone to law school and passed a bar exam.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow....where in the hell did you read I was giving legal advice? YouTube lawyer? You sound exactly like one of the ******* cops on the videos. Project much?
You don't have to be a lawyer to understand the law.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow....where in the hell did you read I was giving legal advice?

Demanding ID when the law says you don't have to, detaining people for no reason

Actually, in 24 states if you are stopped by the police who have reasonable suspicion you are involved in a crime you DO have to provide ID. So far those laws have not been overturned. Also, if you are driving a vehicle and a cop stops you for a traffic violation, you have to provide your driver's license. Thats a requirement in all 50 states. So before you start telling people the law, you might want to make sure you know it. That is what I meant by legal advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom