LLC Annual Certificate Renewal---Beware of Scam!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received an official looking letter today telling me I had to respond about renewing my LLC not later than 8/28........ That it was time to renew my LLC>...........

Well, thinking I had slipped up, I come to find out this is a "service" called C.P.S. on Memorial Rd in OKC, that is trying to get an OK to renew this for me, for a mere $125!!! Mind you, the Sec. of State has a renewal online website that takes 5 minutes to complete , and the annual fee is $25....... What a Rip-Off!! I wonder how many people fall for this "gimmick"......? I called the number listed and told the lady this was very misleading approach to get business, at which point she just hung up on me. Wow!! I'm surprised they exist!!

If you have an LLC, DON'T FALL FOR THIS GIMMICK!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received an official looking letter today telling me I had to respond about renewing my LLC not later than 8/28........ That it was time to renew my LLC>...........

Well, thinking I had slipped up, I come to find out this is a "service" called C.P.S. on Memorial Rd in OKC, that is trying to get an OK to renew this for me, for a mere $125!!! Mind you, the Sec. of State has a renewal online website that takes 5 minutes to complete , and the annual fee is $25....... What a Rip-Off!! I wonder how many people fall for this "gimmick"......? I called the number listed and told the lady this was very misleading approach to get business, at which point she just hung up on me. Wow!! I'm surprised they exist!!

If you have an LLC, DON'T FALL FOR THIS GIMMICK!

I think I got one of those a couple of years ago . . . thought the same thing you did. Why would I want to pay them $100 more to do it when I can do it all online for what it actually costs.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to file paperwork every other year for D.O.T. Authority.

On the off year I regularly receive excited letters filled with exclamation points regarding the imminent loss of my authority unless I allow "them" to file the necessary paperwork for me; at a reasonable fee, of course.

The first year I received the letter, I called the Coporation Commission. The nice lady on the other end said " It's a scam, honey. Ignore it. "

So I did, and have since.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Along the same scam alerts, if you have Tricaret-scammers are calling and giving a fake number for you to call an update your account.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to file paperwork every other year for D.O.T. Authority.

On the off year I regularly receive excited letters filled with exclamation points regarding the imminent loss of my authority unless I allow "them" to file the necessary paperwork for me; at a reasonable fee, of course.

The first year I received the letter, I called the Coporation Commission. The nice lady on the other end said " It's a scam, honey. Ignore it. "

So I did, and have since.
So why in the H E doublehockeystix don't they file against them?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So why in the H E doublehockeystix don't they file against them?
They are legitimately filing your paperwork for you. It's a service you can willingly participate in.
A scam is if they took all the money and never filed anything.
In other countries this sort of thing is common where you have to stand in line for hours or travel a distance to file.
They are called fixers. We use them occasionally. It's cheaper than flying 8000 miles to file a piece of paper or pay a tax.
As times change and people become more lazy you will see more of these businesses pop up.
No different than Door Dash or Grub Hub cause your too lazy to drive down the street and pick up your own food.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are legitimately filing your paperwork for you. It's a service you can willingly participate in.
In other countries this sort of thing is common where you have to stand in line for hours or travel a distance to file.
They are called fixers. We use them occasionally. It's cheaper than flying 8000 miles to file a piece of paper or pay a tax.
As times change and people become more lazy you will see more of these businesses pop up.
No different than Door Dash or Grub Hub cause your too lazy to drive down the street and pick up your own food.

I don't disagree. However, the manner in which they go about it,---IE: soliciting everyone who has an LLC by sending an "official notice" that could appear to some people that it's coming from the state of Oklahoma-- and then imposing an artificial "deadline" leads me to place them in the scam category of businesses. IE: tricking some people to pay an extra $100 fee when, in most cases, there is absolutely no reason to do so.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A scam is mis-representing yourself by sending out “notices” that appear to be from an official government entity, with a very discreet statement stuck in there that you are not. Regardless of them actually performing the trivial service, the way they are going about it not ethical. I still think it is a scam if a person was tricked into paying them for service.

If they are transparent and the person chooses to do this as a matter of convenience, I’m ok with it. But that not the “customer” they are looking for with these “notices”!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A scam is mis-representing yourself by sending out “notices” that appear to be from an official government entity, with a very discreet statement stuck in there that you are not. Regardless of them actually performing the trivial service, the way they are going about it not ethical. I still think it is a scam if a person was tricked into paying them for service.

If they are transparent and the person chooses to do this as a matter of convenience, I’m ok with it. But that not the “customer” they are looking for with these “notices”!

A vehicle extended warranty company has the same tactics. They send out a blind letter to people with an account number on it stating if they renew their (nonexistent) policy with them they can avoid the coming price hike. Call this number for your account representative to take advantage of our good customer savings plan.

They already have your name and address and have assigned you an account number in hopes you will use it. All you have to do is verify the VIN number and your current mileage. With the VIN number they know exactly what kind of vehicle you have and the mileage tells them if they want to insure it or not.

At the very bottom it state this is an advertisement. SOB's should be hung by the nutz!

Latest posts

Top Bottom