Loaner Rod and Reel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good cane pole will handle a big catfish well.
These things we had were 50+ years old and very thick and strong unlike current flimsy store bought ones.

I just googled cane pole fishing and found this it will make you smile.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to pick up one or two fishing poles a year, typically because I’m out somewhere and want to go catch some fish, but didn’t bring any fishing stuff. So I typically just go find a deal from Walmart or whatever sporting goods store I find. Every few years I find a real gem. Those typically get turned into my loaner setups, or the supplement to my personal nice rods. If I’m taking someone’s kid out fishing, I am a sucker for cane poles. Easy, fun, and no trying to teach a 5 year old for the 76th time that day how to cast or how to reel.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t looked up that specific model but I’ve used the zebco CGC1 for years. It’s all ball bearings and metal gears. I’m guessing this is similar features.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Retrieverman, how'd the weekend go with your guests?
A good time was had by all. We just got out of the river about an hour ago, and though we didn’t catch many fish, my wife, sister in law, and brother in law really enjoyed the experience.

BTW, those Zebco combos are really nice and work great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom