Loc-Tite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used blue on the tactical solutions rail that sits on top of my buckmark, but the screws would still loosen over time, nearly lost one even with the blue loctite. I went to the purple and can't break it loose. Haven't tried heat yet, but hopefully won't be to bad. When I do, I'll probably go back to blue and just keep a close watch on it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used blue on the tactical solutions rail that sits on top of my buckmark, but the screws would still loosen over time, nearly lost one even with the blue loctite. I went to the purple and can't break it loose. Haven't tried heat yet, but hopefully won't be to bad. When I do, I'll probably go back to blue and just keep a close watch on it.
Make sure it's clean, dry, oil free and give it 24 hours to setup. I've never had blue break loose unless I was removing the bolt. I've never even bought a bottle of Red or any other color either but I buy the big bottles of blue. Use it on just about everything.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some degreaser, so that will be used.

Incidentally, a red ramp front sight just arrived and I installed it on my 986. If I can do it, anyone can. I just googled 'replace front sight in 986' and after a brief search found a site that told me how to do it. I used a vise grip padded with a piece of cardboard, and pulled back and the Patridge was out and the ramp was installed very quickly.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are still looking, you might take a look at a product named Vibra-Tite. Especially if you want to easily remove it some day. It stays slightly plastic, shock resistant but releases with extended screwdriver pressure would be the best way I could describe it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are still looking, you might take a look at a product named Vibra-Tite. Especially if you want to easily remove it some day. It stays slightly plastic, shock resistant but releases with extended screwdriver pressure would be the best way I could describe it.

That's what I linked to in post #11. It's good stuff for what it is formulated for.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Removed the front screw from the rear sight and cleaned it, the sight and the frame using a pipe cleaner and a de-greaser. I then tried several times to replace the rear sight in the frame, but it wouldn't go in. Finally, I looked the assembly over and saw that the little square retainer was askew so I straightened it out and the assembly slid right into place. I put a dab of blue sealant (all my local NAPA store had) on a paper towel, and dipped the screw in the gunk and after a couple of tries, got it in and tightened it down.

Thank goodness I have a magnetic screwdriver!!!

Now, I have to not shoot it for a day or so, and that problem should be behind me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom