Local (Broken Arrow) 2A activist who arrested.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picture the guy with some pricey collectibles, the police coming in and throwing everything into a burlap bag, and throwing all of it into an evidence locker.
My guess is he has a couple of guns that get him into the cool club. I highly doubt he has anything pricey- he lives in an apartment and court records show he spends a lot of time in court over civil cases both as a defendant and plaintiff and he always loses. He should spend his free time working to pay off his bills instead of giving gun owners a bad rep.

Last edited:

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am aware that is the requirement - however, in practice in the United States today, it often works out the other way. That was the point of my statement - the irony. When you act out in moronic ways like he did, your presumption of guilt is foremost.

I figured that was the case. Just wanted to point it out for the people who seem to forget the important distinction.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit: you know I don’t approve of the auditors. But after more thought it makes it seem like we (me included) are taking the “keep you head /guns down” and out of the spotlight and maybe they won’t come for them. You know don’t draw attention to our community, etc let us be us, but is it the right move to keep our heads down and hope the NRA (Nd the like) can keep them off our backs.
Yep. I’m tired of keeping our heads down. I’m all for doing things in a way that encourages and portrays safe, responsible gun ownership. I’m all for being smart about our strategies and tactics to combat gun control. But we need to stop being so defensive. The NRA has been almost purely defensive for decades. We need to fight to expand gun rights. That’s why I still support OK2A even if they get a bit extreme at times. If it weren’t for them pushing hard to expand gun rights, we’d be much worse off.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Self Defense act do to its overall length. I'd say BA LEOs used quite a bit of restraint.

They removed the overall length and caliber regulations a year or few ago: https://osbi.ok.gov/sites/g/files/gmc476/f/documents/2018_SDA_Law_Book_11012018.pdf

Code:
3. “Pistol” or “handgun” means any derringer, revolver or semiautomatic firearm which:

a. has an overall barrel or barrels length of less than sixteen (16) inches,

b. is capable of discharging single or multiple projectiles from a single round of ammunition composed of any material which may reasonably be expected to be able to cause lethal injury,

c. can be held and fired by the use of one or both hands, and

d. uses a combustible propellant charge to propel the projectile or projectiles]

I still agree 100% with your sentiments, by the way. It's recklessly unwise - even if legal - to carry AR-pattern pistol just casually as he did.

It does need to be holstered or in a sling, scabbard, or case when carried openly. You can't just wield it all willy nilly:

Code:
2. “Unconcealed handgun” or "open carry" means a loaded or unloaded pistol or handgun carried upon the person in a holster where the firearm is visible, or carried upon the person using a scabbard, sling or case designed for carrying firearms; and

Latest posts

Top Bottom