Local (Broken Arrow) 2A activist who arrested.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
“Just taking the AR for a walk”. “I like the atmosphere here”. 4 Norman units responded that could have been doing something else. What an idiot. I bet he went home and played with himself while he rewatched the video in his mommy’s basement. I guess the guy that told us Norman PD doesn’t respond to incidents like this is misinformed. 2 handguns carried as well. I wonder if they were pearl handled 6 shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Just taking the AR for a walk”. “I like the atmosphere here”. 4 Norman units responded that could have been doing something else. What an idiot. I bet he went home and played with himself while he rewatched the video in his mommy’s basement. I guess the guy that told us Norman PD doesn’t respond to incidents like this is misinformed. 2 handguns carried as well. I wonder if they were pearl handled 6 shooters.
Where’d you hear about that? I can’t find anything about it online.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Where’d you hear about that? I can’t find anything about it online.

Listen to what he tells the officer in Norman. You know, the city that doesn’t respond to calls like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen to what he tells the officer in Norman. You know, the city that doesn’t respond to calls like this.
I would be happy to listen to it, if you would reveal where the recording is available. I haven’t heard anything about someone carrying an AR in Norman other than your comment.

Also, I didn’t say Norman doesn’t respond to calls like the Broken Arrow one or the Hafer Park one. I’m not aware of any similar incidents in Norman.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uhhh. No. Carrying a rifle in public is in no way like yelling “bomb” in a crowded place. Yelling “gun” in a crowded place would be similar. Carrying a rifle is just carrying a rifle. Regardless of whether it “triggers” some people, it is and should be perfectly legal. It may not be something I think anyone should do ordinarily, but it causes no more harm than carrying a sidearm, because neither cause any harm unless the trigger is pulled. If someone experiences emotional harm (not fear or discomfort, harm) upon seeing a rifle being carried, the bearer did not cause the harm. The harm was caused by the viewer’s unhealthy emotional state and irrational views and/or ignorance of firearms.

But more importantly, exercising rights causes other people discomfort. That’s just a fact of life. Get used to it. No one has a right to be comfortable. No one even has a right to feel safe. No one has a right to feel any particular feeling. And guess what. Doing something with the express intent of getting law enforcement to show up is not illegal, even if it’s not too wise. Like everyone keeps saying, just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. Well, just because you shouldn’t, doesn’t mean you can’t. You can’t make a law against everything people shouldn’t do. That’s not the purpose of laws. Although, if you want to live somewhere like that, I hear China’s nice. Your interest rate for a loan can go up if you don’t cross a crosswalk fast enough.

I don’t think you’ve thought your views through to their end. Though I don’t condone people exercising their rights in irresponsible ways, I’m thankful that it happens. Society needs reminders that other people’s rights can make them feel very, very uncomfortable in many ways – anger, fear, disgust, sadness…you know, the whole cast of Inside Out. And feelings, while important, are something to be managed, subjected to evaluation by rational thinking, and thus made useful as input into our decisions. In that way, even negative feelings can be made to serve us. When people react and make decisions based on their feelings without subjugating them to thinking, or when people demand that others make them feel a certain way or not feel a certain way, they are serving their feelings, and becoming enslaved to them. And that’s not only a very selfish way to live, it’s a miserable way to live. It’s reasonable and healthy to work to resolve negative feelings and be able to feel better in every way. It’s unhealthy to try to do that by coercing other people to change their behavior, whether those people are your significant other or a man with a gun in the park.

If you truly believe that your rights are absolute and the exercise of those rights should not have any bearing on how they affect others you are a truly selfish person who does not belong in society. This isn't about you carrying a gun that makes others uncomfortable, its asshats who carry firearms with the sole purpose of scaring the crap out of others to the point the police are called. That is not exercising your rights, thats abusing a rate for attention.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people are too stupid to understand the age-old idea that rights necessarily entail responsibilities. You have the right to free speech. It is also your responsibility not to abuse that right by yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater when there is in fact no fire. You have the right to keep and bear arms. It is also your responsibility not to abuse that right by parading around in public with your little AR-15 pistol for all your admiring fans on You Tube to see, all the while scaring mothers and little children in a park where they thought they might find fun and joy. Instead, they found an attention-loving idiot with a juvenile and misguided agenda doing his best to "educate" the general public and "audit" the police response, whatever that idiotic term is supposed to mean.

In our post-modern world, the "rights" of the people are trumpeted daily, including several rights not originally included in the U.S. Constitution. What has gotten lost in the modern debate over "rights" is the idea that rights necessarily entail responsibilities. The two must go hand-in-hand in a civil society.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you truly believe that your rights are absolute and the exercise of those rights should not have any bearing on how they affect others you are a truly selfish person who does not belong in society. This isn't about you carrying a gun that makes others uncomfortable, its asshats who carry firearms with the sole purpose of scaring the crap out of others to the point the police are called. That is not exercising your rights, thats abusing a rate for attention.
I’m not sure where you got the idea I believe rights are absolute, but if it was from my post, I would suggest rereading it because I didn’t say anything remotely like that. Also, it’s a little disturbing that you keep alluding to the idea that some people should be removed from society because of their beliefs. That’s pretty thought police-y. But hey, I can deal with the fact that that idea makes me profoundly uncomfortable – even scared. You have a right to have views that are outrageously offensive to the fundamental tenets of individual liberty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom