• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Local Oklahoma Honey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m going to say towards the end of next week. You want some?
@Firpo , I assume that you want some as well
@HillsideDesolate How much do you currently have on hand?
Looks like I almost sold out of large jars and have a few small ones. But have around 20lbs still in comb, Looks I will need to extract that over the weekend.

Then no harvest to hopefully June and definitely September.

@OkieJoe72 you bet I do. I’ll take a large one and some honeycomb if there’s any left. I make my own bars with honey, sorghum syrup, homemade peanut butter and rolled oats. Darn things are delicious and I’ve convinced myself they’re healthy because they’re homemade. 😉
Got some cut comb set aside. Few people know how magical it is, I only make a few frames of it a year, it's really dependent on high nectar flow

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Few people know how magical it is
Well we’ll just keep that between you and me. 😉
It’s God’s candy if you ask me not to mention the health benefits. Honeycomb is filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatories not to mention the wax actually lowers bad cholesterol.
Had a friend that was a beekeeper and one time he gifted me some Fall Honey. Oh man, that was in a whole other level. Much darker and stronger tasting but he said the bees don’t make nearly as much honey in the Fall. I can imagine. I know Okiejoe is sending you a PM and I’ll get him the $$. I’m up for a pint or two half pints and 5oz of comb please. 😬

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Well if you have any left I would take a large jar and 6 ozs of comb. I can pick up pretty much anytime. I work at May & Hefner area.
Thanks
Bob

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Free delivery to 74864 🤣 been buying from atwoods, of course it's not the same as farmer fresh.
I have always wanted to visit Prague...
1679432056683.png

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Free delivery to 74864 🤣 been buying from atwoods, of course it's not the same as farmer fresh.
If you’re getting honey at Atwoods, you might as well buy it at WMart. :blush:
Generally independent feed stores carry local honey (at least every one I go to here in east TX do).

Latest posts

Top Bottom