• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Local Oklahoma Honey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Educate me. What is honey comb good for?
Honeycomb has all the benefits of regular honey but it has been hermetically sealed by the bees so it is at peak freshness. Extracted honey is a blend of all the frames in the hive or hives, where as comb is just whatever nectar the bees were bringing that day, kinda like single malt vs blended whiskey. The wax is edible and good for your teeth and gut health. People also put it on their skin for acne and anti-ageing properties. Like all bee products it is anti fungal and anti bacterial. The inside of a bee hive is the only place in nature that is surgically clean.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have a bee keeper coming out next week to put some bee traps on our place. I'm pretty sure we have more than one hive around here in a hollow tree or something. Back when we put out hummingbird feeders, the bees would take them over as well as the bird bath in the back yard.
I read that to find the hive, just watch where the bees fly when leaving the water. Spent several days watching and they were going in all directions, which led me to believe there is more than one hive. We don't garden or put up hummingbird feeders anymore as we are always traveling, so If I can help him, I'm good with it.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
@OkieJoe72 brought me my jar today. Already had some and it was awesome. Thanks!
CCEC1ECC-AA7C-4C1D-ACA5-87478621EA67.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom