• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Local Oklahoma Honey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@HillsideDesolate I’ve been cussing you pretty hard the last couple of evenings. I’m either going to have to learn to make homemade biscuits or buy out the supermarket of the canned biscuits. The honey is damn good!
Thank you!

2 cups all purpose flour (I like Shawnee's best for biscuits)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons COLD butter (grated)
2 tablespoons bacon grease (or 1 bacon grease 1 beef tallow)
1 cup Braum's buttermilk

Preheat oven to 450 (and cast iron skillet,optional)

Mix try ingredients, add butter and stir to coat then cut in bacon grease/tallow until about pea sized. Add buttermilk and mix till wet. Let sit a few minutes and kneed lightly. Transfer to floured surface and roll or pat to 1/2 to 3/4 inch think then fold like a tri fold wallet, repeat 5 or so times. Cut to your desired shape and bake 10-14 minutes until golden brown.

Fun culinary fact, biscuits are not a bread, they are a pastry, like a danish or pie crust.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thank you!

2 cups all purpose flour (I like Shawnee's best for biscuits)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons COLD butter (grated)
2 tablespoons bacon grease (or 1 bacon grease 1 beef tallow)
1 cup Braum's buttermilk

Preheat oven to 450 (and cast iron skillet,optional)

Mix try ingredients, add butter and stir to coat then cut in bacon grease/tallow until about pea sized. Add buttermilk and mix till wet. Let sit a few minutes and kneed lightly. Transfer to floured surface and roll or pat to 1/2 to 3/4 inch think then fold like a tri fold wallet, repeat 5 or so times. Cut to your desired shape and bake 10-14 minutes until golden brown.

Fun culinary fact, biscuits are not a bread, they are a pastry, like a danish or pie crust.
Awesome…I’ll give it a try. Thank you

Fun fat boy fact, I like bread and pastries way too much.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@HillsideDesolate i was the beneficiary of some of the honey @OkieJoe72 and my goodness that’s some good stuff. Thankfully I DO know how to make homemade buttermilk biscuits. 😛 The honeycomb sure brings back memories. The Mrs is a total city girl and didn’t know quite what to do with it but after some instruction she managed. Thank you Sir

Latest posts

Top Bottom