Local (TUL) Bolt Bushing Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I send my bolt off to an out of towner, does anyone know of someone around the tulsa area that does it and does good work? My Uintah Precision upper in 6.5 CM puts a nipple on the primers of mild reloads and even factory low grain bullets. As a reloader it drives me nuts. I reached out to a YouTube'r that commented about it in his video and he verified that his does the same thing and that U.P. deems it as normal. So instead of beating my head against the wall trying to get them to fix it as a defect I'm just going to bush the bolt and be done with it. I've tried several different primers and even SRP's with same results so if anyone knows of a good smith in the tulsa area, hit me up. Thx
Bolt face:
20220419_110750.jpg

Result:
20220124_133424.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m assuming it drives you nuts because you’re watching the primer for pressure signs? Is it otherwise causing an issue?

You might check with the guys at Safe Home Consulting, I believe they send the gunsmithing work that requires machining to Dave Seay.

I’ve heard good things about Danny Cheatham of Lazy D Gunsmithing, too.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m assuming it drives you nuts because you’re watching the primer for pressure signs? Is it otherwise causing an issue?

You might check with the guys at Safe Home Consulting, I believe they send the gunsmithing work that requires machining to Dave Seay.

I’ve heard good things about Danny Cheatham of Lazy D Gunsmithing, too.
That's pretty much it plus it just looks wrong. Kind of like that annoying rattle in the vehicle, you could always just turn up the radio, but would prefer to fix the rattle.
I'll check out the suggestions. I forgot that I used U.P.'s drop in trigger assembly so can't use the extra heavy hammer spring unless I get another LPK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom