Locations to boycott

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm betting those chicks have never holstered a hot gun before.

No but I think this one has.

Home Ak 3.jpg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think so, and this is why the no open carry policy at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens or anywhere does not in and of itself bother me. It does absolutely nothing to infringe on your rights to carry, it simply says not in our house, just as I have a right to ask you not to bring a gun into MY house if I so choose.

What bothers me in particular about Walmart is sending letters to the legislature and white house asking them to enact universal background checks and reconsider an assault weapons ban. I bought some stuff at Target yesterday that I would normally have bought at Walmart, and didn't necessarily feel GOOD about it because their policies are no better than Walmart's.... but at least, to my knowledge, they are not actively advocating more strict gun controls (I could be wrong about that, though...)

I personally don't think I can make a total boycott of Walmart work, but I have decided to buy groceries from Reasors when I can, and ammo etc from Academy, SGAmmo, or other online resources. And try to find other sources for as much as I can other than Walmart. This will amount to a few hundred dollars a month. I know it's not going to impact their bottom line to any significant degree, but at least I won't feel like I'm financing the opposition. The bad part is that in many cases I'll be taking Walmart business to others that are not much if any better.

P.S. If I get a chance to get another $400 rifle for $99, I will do that again though. 'Cause I think that deal cost them money!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think so, and this is why the no open carry policy at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens or anywhere does not in and of itself bother me. It does absolutely nothing to infringe on your rights to carry, it simply says not in our house, just as I have a right to ask you not to bring a gun into MY house if I so choose.

What bothers me in particular about Walmart is sending letters to the legislature and white house asking them to enact universal background checks and reconsider an assault weapons ban. I bought some stuff at Target yesterday that I would normally have bought at Walmart, and didn't necessarily feel GOOD about it because their policies are no better than Walmart's.... but at least, to my knowledge, they are not actively advocating more strict gun controls (I could be wrong about that, though...)

I personally don't think I can make a total boycott of Walmart work, but I have decided to buy groceries from Reasors when I can, and ammo etc from Academy, SGAmmo, or other online resources. And try to find other sources for as much as I can other than Walmart. This will amount to a few hundred dollars a month. I know it's not going to impact their bottom line to any significant degree, but at least I won't feel like I'm financing the opposition. The bad part is that in many cases I'll be taking Walmart business to others that are not much if any better.

P.S. If I get a chance to get another $400 rifle for $99, I will do that again though. 'Cause I think that deal cost them money!

When, if ever, have you been able to buy any type of firearm or ammunition at Target? I can't remember if they ever sold any or not.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When, if ever, have you been able to buy any type of firearm or ammunition at Target? I can't remember if they ever sold any or not.

He didn't say he bought firearms or ammo at Target, just "some stuff" that he normally would have bought at WalMart. It's about taking all of your business elsewhere, not just guns and ammo.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Same here but I am going to buy elsewhere any time I can. Get most of my meds from the online pharmacy, groceries at Crest, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom