Locations to boycott

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should probably read MY entire post before making assumptions about what I believe or my intent, especially based simply on what someone else said about it.
I did read it and I know you felt dirty shopping at Target. But Target is no better than Walmart so what is the point of boycotting Walmart and shopping at Target (or Costco instead of Sams Club). I just don't understand the logic in doing that. I could argue that Walmart still sells ammo and guns which Target doesn't do anymore as they stopped in the 1980s. Target even stopped selling toy guns that looked realistic in the 1990s. As I said we are screwed as most of the stores are anti-gun in some form so we will all just have to hold pour noses and buy from them or starve. But I don't think anyone is being noble boycotting Walmart and buying from Target or any other anti-gun company to punish Walmart.
Just my two cents for what it's worth.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, I don't shop at Target much either, but I did get a couple of things that day. You are pretty much describing the struggle that I was trying to convey in my post. I think you missed some key points, but as suggested we can move on...

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak to the hotels that ban firearms, but about a month ago, we were staying at a Staybridge Suites hotel in Elkhart, IN. While there for 2 or 3 weeks, there was a young man and his parents that stayed in the hotel. The young man was involved in some kind of shooting competition in the area and they were keeping his rifle in their room.

Staybridge is owned by IHG, their policy is attached keeping a weapon in the room is against their weapons policy.if you can find a major hotel chain that doesn’t have this policy let me know
A7FB3B69-5ECE-43E4-AA0B-602FE0D81E28.jpeg

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Staybridge is owned by IHG, their policy is attached keeping a weapon in the room is against their weapons policy.if you can find a major hotel chain that doesn’t have this policy let me know
View attachment 143002

Why does it say "Army hotels" in the top left corner?

And there are several hotels across the country that are booked out for shooting competitors in all of the major shooting sports. The organizations that book the hotels let them know up front that it's for shooting competitors.
The hotel by the Tulsa fairgrounds gets booked out twice a year for Wannemachers.
Lots of guns flowing in and out of there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom